Renegade Kid Hopes To Bury Treasurenauts in The 3DS eShop in December

Posted by Andy Green

It's been given an ESRB rating of E10+

Renegade Kid is currently developing a 2D platformer for the 3DS called Treasurenauts, which features customisable characters and local multiplayer.

The studio behind Mutant Mudds has said it will emerge in the fourth quarter of 2013 and it looks as though that will be the case as co-founder Jools Watsham has taken to Twitter to reveal he hopes to see it nestled in the eShop in December.

It is now hard at work creating a demo for IndieCade, which is being held between the 3rd and 6th October in Los Angeles, so it's likely we'll be hearing more about this one soon. For those wondering, Watsham has confirmed Treasurenauts picked up an ESRB rating of E10+ for its fantasy violence. He has previously stated it could be ported to other systems, including Wii U, but that would surely be a while off yet, if it did happen.

What are your thoughts on this one? Were you a fan of Mutant Mudds? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

faint

faint said:

What happened to that fist person horror themed game they are working on. I saw a ton of articles and then poof.....nothing.

Shire

Shire said:

Ooh, this could be promising.

And we only have to wait till December? Brilliant.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Still yet to actually enjoy one of their games to be honest... but you never know, this may be the one, so I'll keep my eyes open for more on it.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Treasurenauts...what an original name..
What's that? Awesomenauts? No I'm sure they didn't know anything about that game existing! >.>

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@BenAV I agree. Poor quality and lots of them seems to be his goal.

Best indie developers are NG-Dev Team / Watermelon /Shi'en / Prope / G-Rev and Treasure if you count them as indie.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Gunlord
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Retro City Rampage 3DS
Rodea the Sky Soldier

Those are the good indie titles that I know of that are coming relatively soon and that anything anybody else does (At more than a cheap cost anyway).

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

@unrandomsam Don't forget Outernauts. Or Aquanauts, back from when LEGO actually made construction sets instead of video games. (Of course, Psychonauts is easily the best of the lot.)

I quite liked Mutant Mudds, but nothing else from Renegade Kid has really caught my attention lately. Maybe this game will change my mind.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Maybe- I'm seeing a flood of 2D platformers, both AAA and indie, and I only have room for so many in my life. With NSMBU, Rayman Legends, NSLU, DKC Tropical Freeze, Ducktales Remastered, Shovel Knight, Mighty No 9, Shantae Half-Genie Hero, and an armada of VC games including Super Mario World and Mega Man X, I'm not sure I have the time or interest in this game. I bought Mutant Mudds, and it was a whole lot of "meh" to me. It was alright I guess, but nothing to make me want to throw money at his next game.

NImH

NImH said:

Scribblenauts... don't forget that one. This game looks really good, overused name gimmick aside.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Really interested in this one. Kinda hope they make a sequel to Moon on 3DS (I know they have a horror game in the works... But Moon was special).