Pyroar Revealed for Pokémon X & Y

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

With a snazzy video, too

Update:

Earlier today eagle-eyed Pokémon fans found an image of Pyroar on IGN, and now the site has officially revealed the 'mon. An evolution of Litleo, it's a fire and normal-type Royal Pokemon with abilities such as Rivalry and Unnerve. It can also unlock Normal-type move Echoed Voice, "which makes its power grow with every turn. Its power will increase even if other Pokémon use it, so try Echoed Voice out with your allies in Double Battles and Triple Battles to experience its real value.”

Original Article:

Yesterday brought a typical barrage of Pokémon X & Y news, with CoroCoro magazine revealing four new 'mon and pictures of Mega Mewtwo and starter evolutions. While the usual press release with Western names and official details and artwork is no doubt being put together by The Pokémon Company right now, it seems another creature has been revealed in somewhat more unconventional means.

Pictured below is Pyroar, which was apparently discovered on IGN by "playing with the URL"; in other words, the suggestion is that screenshots had been uploaded in the site's system and not published to the official pages, but were there nevertheless for eager experimenters to uncover. They seem to be legitimate, with the suggestion being that the 'mon could be an evolution of Litleo.

So there you have it, what do you think of this one?

[via neogaf.com, bmgf.bulbagarden.net, nintendoeverything.com]

Windy

Windy said:

Can't wait till we get charged for DLC Pokemon. That's going to be awesome!

mookysam

mookysam said:

@Humphries90

Same here. I hadn't even heard of this until I saw it on the front page. It's getting very hard to avoid spoilers. :-(

Also, I think Nintendo is revealing far too much about this game.

Giggity55

Giggity55 said:

...... I just noticed how freaking amazing the art style is. In terms of possible DLC, I think the most awesome thing Nintendo can do is create a game mode where the graphics style looks just like the previous games, my favorite being generation 3. I would definitely pay extra for something like that.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Nice, a fire lion. It reminds me of the Kirby games. I really like the fire Pokemon in this game so far.

Interneto

Interneto said:

@mookysam "Also, I think Nintendo is revealing far too much about this game." LOL.

Game Freak is not revealing FAR too much about X&Y. They did way more with B/W and B2/W2. This time around they are just creating more hype around it... People were even saying that something was wrong because they knew almost nothing about the story and the game itself back in August.

Kit

Kit said:

I like, I like... I'm gonna name mine Liono (as in Thundercats) :-D

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

I think I will put this on my team instead of talonflame. I hope the female Pyroar has a different look to keep with the lion theme.

rjejr

rjejr said:

So I'm the only one who sees Entei?

My 8 yr. old thinks it's a new evolved form of Litleo, which was impressive when I found a fake Litleo evolution called Mantiflare online.

Of course had we had time to read the article first before rushing off to the bus stop that would have been less impressive. To be honest I'm not even sure how he knew Litleo, I assumed it was an older Pokemon.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@Sonic260
There are ways gaming news sites can show news without showing spoilers on the home page. Most gaming sites do this. I come for news and reviews, however it would be nice to be able to pick and chose if I want to see something about a certain game or not.

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

I hope Pyroar can be the 6th generation's equivalent of Arcanine. I wasn't originally interested in Litleo since I was going to choose Fennekin as a starter, but after seeing its rumoured evolution, I'm not really interested anymore. There's still hope that it could be a Fire/Psychic type, but I'm just sick of bipedal Fire starters in general, so I might choose Froakie.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Unless its stats are through the roof giving a Pokemon Rivalry and Unnerve is like saying "don't care about this Pokemon".

Doma

Doma said:

All i want is for them to hurry and release more info on the version differences. I wanted Y, but my friend (who's buying a 3ds for this) doesn't want X either because of the UGLY deer legendary.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

@Doma
I am assuming the story will be identical despite which game you pick (like it has been for past games), I'm getting Y because I think a story about people trying to use a Pokemon that embodies destruction sounds better than a story about people trying to use a Pokemon that embodies life.

The last thing I want is another story about the "horrors" of eternal youth and immortality.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Looking sweet! Arcanine-type evolution. I'm okay with the information they have been showing off — I don't consider it spoilers for this type of game. Besides, there's going to be a good, 95% at least of more info we unlock and discover first-hand in the game. It's just going to be a massive game, so showing off what they have is only a small fraction of the info.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@mookysam How else are we to decide which version to get when we don't have an earlier Japanese release this time to find out all the version differences beforehand?

Skeet102

Skeet102 said:

whaaaaat??!! info about a pokemon game got released in America before japan! What is this world coming to?! Why the hell is it fire normal too, they could have done something cool with its typing.

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

@Windy I doubt we ever would be charged for new pokemon the same reason Mario Kart does not do DLC, it would defeat the purpose of a sequel. Why make another game if you can just keep adding more? Now being charged $5 dollars for a Mew maybe.