Prepare Yourself, There's A Bayonetta Anime Movie In The Works

Posted by Damien McFerran

Trailer breaks cover

With its buxom lead character, hordes of angelic demons and preoccupation with over the top action, Platinum's Bayonetta is perfect fodder for an anime adaptation — which makes you wonder why it's taken this long for it to actually happen.

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate is being handled by animation studio Gonzo (Hellsing, Final Fantasy Unlimited). You can check out the Japanese site here and the trailer can be viewed below.

The original Bayonetta launched on the 360 and PS3, but its sequel is a Wii U exclusive and is due out next year.

[via gonintendo.com, bayonetta2.nk-tech.jp]

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

First FTW

Anyways, it looks interesting. I'm just wondering if it's the game adapted into a movie or if it's talking about the events that happen between Bayonetta 1 and 2.

Zyph

Zyph said:

This is great! But I still prefer a CG movie over an anime for this.

Shworange

Shworange said:

Her glasses must be superglued to her nose. Usually when people fight monsters in anacrobatic fashion, they loose their glasses.

Rafie

Rafie said:

^^^
I'm not sure if any MAN'S body is ready! :D

This is going to be great. I would love to see who would win between her and Dante from Devil May Cry! That would be an awesome...and long fight!

Memeboy3

Memeboy3 said:

^But there is one word i can say..AMAZING!!!
it's about time we get to see a good VG movie that is not Prince of Persia or Residen Evil. BTW, even thought it's based on the first game...Sega dropped the franchise later and Nintendo is currently funding the sequel. :/
But a Awesome movie is awesome.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"Bayonetta is perfect fodder for an anime adaptation — which makes you wonder why it's taken this long for it to actually happen."

I really thought there already was a Bayonetta anime. I even googled it. That picture just looks so familiar. Guess I was confusing it with the DMC series that I keep seeing everywhere.

Judging from the video I'ld say this takes place during the first game - maybe even before - her hair is much shorter in the 2nd and I think I remember that guy w/ the camera.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Ah, the Cello Suite No.1 Prelude. Beautiful piece of music!
I'm looking forward to the second game, and this movie could be interesting too. Although I get a slight feeling over half of the animation budget was spent on the scenes where her hair changes from clothing into a giant monster and back...

SecondServing

SecondServing said:

The Animation looks sssllliiccckkkk!!! Can't wait! I always thought this game should be an anime! Loving love Bayonetta!
Watch the profanity please — TBD

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Oh, my, yes. Quite certain I'll be buying myself a copy, whenever it actually comes out. If they get the same actress who plays her in the games, I might even watch it dubbed.

LUIGITORNADO

LUIGITORNADO said:

I love Bayonetta, but I have zero interest in watching an anime of it. Bayonetta's story was easily the least entertaining part of the game.

I wish Platinum would release the first on the eshop.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

I like Bayonetta, and I like anime, but this anime is looking like the DMC anime, which I didn't like.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@DarkKirby Well, same guy behind both concepts - but I'm hyped for this anyway, even if the DMC animé was really bad. I don't compare stuff too easily and wait for it to come out here!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Ok, watching this again, so I WASN'T crazy to hear Bach's Cello Suite No.1 Prelude.

mamp

mamp said:

Looking forward to it OMG gonna get some lollipops ready when I watch this movie.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

It's kewl that it's getting a full movie.

However, due to my huge distaste for Anime, I won't be watching it.