Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Set To Take The Stand in October

Posted by Andy Green

Will preside in the eShop on 24th October

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies has been given a release date in North America and Europe.

According to the official Ace Attorney Facebook page, it will emerge into the 3DS eShop in both regions on 24th October and will be priced at $29.99 / €24.99.

While Japan received a physical copy of Dual Destinies, the West is only getting a downloadable edition, despite the fact all prior Ace Attorney titles have received boxes and cartridges. There were plenty of objections and there was even a small campaign to persuade Capcom to change its stance, but it did not materialise.

However, it will receive some of the downloadable content, including character costumes and an additional case. Details on this, such as dates and prices, are yet to be released.

What are your thoughts on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies? Will you be downloading it from the eShop? Let us know in the comment section below.

Thanks to invmat for the tip!

[via facebook.com]

Zach777

Zach777 said:

October is a busy month...

Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold- Oct. 1
Zelda: WW- Oct. 4
Assassins Creed 4: BF- Oct. 21

And... Now... This!!!! :D

Ash_Anne

Ash_Anne said:

I will be buying it day one! I hopefully will finish Apollo Justice before then.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Maybe the low cost will shut up most of the complainers. I'm sure many of us have already spent $30 on other eShop games so they can't complain about "what if the 3DS breaks" if they have.

Seems like for some people, its okay to spend $30 on several crappy games they won't play long but not $30 on one good game that they will play for many hours.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

Zelda, Sonic and Ace Attorney! ALL IN ONE MONTH o.O I can't handle that amount of awesomeness...

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Cool, I am so getting this, but not day one, or month. Too many games to play at the moment and Pokemon X & Y is not helping the ace attorney.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Did it have to be that month?!?! Let's see Capcom come back around March next year saying it wasn't a success. I wonder why!?!? I'm still going to get it but probably won't play it for a long while. Too many October games!

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

I can't wait, but I think it is a very stupid move on capcom side to release it so close to the release of pokemon, hope it doesn't hurt sales and further localization chances

ClockworkMario

ClockworkMario said:

Wow, that's incredibly cheap. I was going to download it anyway, but this only makes me happier. Thanks Capcom!

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Of course I'm buying it. I sincerely hope this game is successful enough that future AA games get released in the West.

therick112

therick112 said:

Well, we have gotten 5 of them, and we are also getting the Professor Layton X Ace Attorney game, which will be friggin' SWEET!

alrighthearthis

alrighthearthis said:

I'll be buying this day one to support the business model of digital only releases of titles that would be riskier at retail.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Oh come on, another October release?! My wallet already has it in for me for pre-ordering Zelda WW,Sonic LW, Pokemon, Wii U Party & AC4.

Its likely i won't pick this up right away as my 3DS will be Pokemon land for a while but i'm def going to get it.

Also why no UK price? I'm assuming its going to be £20 given the US and EU price points.

idork99

idork99 said:

What an unexpected surprise! How could I forget about this game?! Yes, I will be getting this one.

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

NOOO.. I have $29.09 in my eShop account! And since the eShop doesn't take my international credit card, I'll have to buy a cash card to make up the missing cents. D:
I'm yet to finish up with the rest of the series since I've been so preoccupied with New Leaf. Oh well, October seems like a great month so far!

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

I get why people were mad about the whole digital thing, but I played the first 3 on WiiWare, so I've got no beef. I am excite

FemmeFox

FemmeFox said:

Why is nowhere able to report a UK price? We exist after all. Or did Capcom decide we aren't getting it at all last minute? Lol! Seriously I want this SO bad. But during Pokemon month? Really Capcom? And all the other games that everyone ELSE is interested in? So glad Rune Factory 4 isn't out over here that month too. I'd have literally no clue what to do with my money.

NFreak007

NFreak007 said:

Oh man, I am SO excited about this! It's been over 3 1/2 years since we last got a new Ace Attorney game, and after AAI2 never got translated I was worried the series was dead outside Japan. This is a total insta-buy for me, and hopefully enough people agree with me so it sells well enough to secure the series' future and AAI2 becomes the exception rather than the norm.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Getting it. Glad my birthday is that month since I have Pokemon X&Y, Sonic Lost World and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate pre-ordered. Plus I have some movies that I want, like the Little Mermaid.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@Emblem I would guess 25 pounds myself. Exchange rates should not be used when determining possible prices

mamp

mamp said:

I'm getting this game like I'm getting life support which is immediately.

feelthesarcasm

feelthesarcasm said:

Just in time for my new pink XL. Will be picking this and pokemon up. And Sonic but probably at a later date.

Seriously October's a barsteward on wallets but I think they just wanted it out because they didn't want it to get lost in the holiday season since it's a download only title. And November isn't much safer with Mario Party and Zelda ALBW.

I only hope Shantae isn't announced for October as well or I'm doomed!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Bass_X0: You have no idea how amused I am that you're still so horribly wounded I (and others) won't be buying this game for various reasons. Please do keep complaining about us every chance you get! :*

shad0w-7

shad0w-7 said:

I'll be getting this.
Haven't played one in the series before, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

I can't access the eshop from my country, which sucks, will have to change region and buy it at a higher price... <_<

Also, probably on November, since my money is on Pokemon X only :p

Where's my 3DS miiverse? :@

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

In related news, the fan translation beta patch for Investigations 2 was released yesterday.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@kkslider5552000 Dual Destinies is also coming near my birthday by four days! It will be a great birthday gift for the both of us XD

Also, I have tried out the AAI2 patch, and it's very well done. I can't wait until cases 3, 4, and 5 get patched, too.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Also, why is everyone freaking out about the price now? Capcom said that the game would be $30/€25 about a month ago.

Volke93

Volke93 said:

WTF? 2013 has been a great year for the 3DS so far, now with Zelda, Pokemon and Phoenix Wright is getting SO MUCH BETTER?! Wow! If only MH4 would come here soon too....

Jorzha

Jorzha said:

I was hoping this game was going to come out earlier in October. Oh well now I know the exact release date at least =)

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Luigifan141 + the DLC cost which will be excessive and the fact it cannot be resold. I am glad I don't want it. (Still got the first DS one and I think it is garbage).

@ScroogeMcLz Be less than the Euro price e.g £22.99 - It is never a 1:1 conversion.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@unrandomsam Um, the only DLC we're getting are the episode DLC and the costume pack, which only costs $8 and $1.50 in Japan, and will likely cost as much if not less in America. If that's excessive to you well...enjoy your pennies, cheapskate...

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

At least it's not $40. But I'm still very ticked off that there won't be a boxed copy to buy. I will get this when it drops in price because I feel $30 is still too much for a downloadable game IMO.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

@theblackdragon I'm behind you all the way. Still waiting for the limited boxed copy run that won't ever seem to come...

The only way Capcom will get any of my money is for a serious sale to occur. Just maybe after that I'll get it digitally.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@CanisWolfred That makes it $40 all the cost with none of the benefits. (I normally give games I don't like away usually about half of what I buy better for my wasted money to benefit someone). Be garbage anyway I have the first DS one cannot even give it away.

TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown said:

Day 1 download for me. No doubt about it. I'll be staying up til midnight waiting.

Although Capcom, you make me raise an eyebrow by giving Ducktails Remastered, originally a digital only game, a boxed retail release while Ace Attorney, normally a boxed retail series, is getting a digital only release...

But I digress.

roryscott

roryscott said:

@unrandomsam How can you think it is garbage! I really don't understand. It is the best series of video games ever made in my opinion. Seeing as you can not appreciate the story and characters and overall awesomeness, I feel sorry for you...