New Splinter Cell Blacklist Maps Creeping Onto Wii U

Posted by Orla Madden

More action from the Billionaire’s Yacht and Dead Coast maps

With great stealth, a tweet from the official Splinter Cell Twitter account has revealed that two new maps will soon become available for download in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist.

The new areas, named Billionaire’s Yacht and Dead Coast, will be attainable on all platforms, including the Wii U, although a price has yet to be confirmed for each map.

Have you purchased Splinter Cell Blacklist? If so, will you be scoping out the new maps for even more action in the sixth game in the Splinter Cell series? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

TromboneGamer

TromboneGamer said:

A AAA 3rd party title that's getting DLC support? Blasphemy. Glad to see that the money grubby trends of this gen are still as strong as ever.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

I should really buy this game, just because of the support they are showing for Wii U

steveex

steveex said:

Surely they should fix the game before releasing DLC. I still can't connect to matches.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@steveex are you sure there's actually other people also trying to play online as well? Some Wii U multiplayer titles have no one playing online.

Razalom

Razalom said:

Awesome they are releasing new DLC for the Wii U! Just a shame you cant actually play online on the WiiU due to the horrible connection issues that are "still under investigation".

@MadAdam81
Yes there are others, you cant invite friends to join you, they cant invite you etc etc. Its just a mess

DanMan82

DanMan82 said:

Awesome! Doesn't look like they fixed the connection though. :(. Won't be getting any extra maps until online is actually playable.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

I'm getting the billionaire's yacht for sure since I already have dead coast. Considering they are both coop maps(not mandatory coop) I'll bite, I probably play them by myself anyways. More fun since people don't seem to talk in coop and just shoot wildly.

MrCharles77

MrCharles77 said:

Well...they could release the dlc free of charge for wiiu owners. (since we dont have the local coop and payed the same...)

cookiex

cookiex said:

Good to know that Ubisoft will still give DLC support.

But before I'd consider buying the game I think they should fix the loading times and server issues that are apparently plauging the WiiU version.

element187

element187 said:

@DefHalan Yeah, I rented it, its not bad at all, in fact very fun playing as ghost (no kill, just knock out enemies) on the highest difficulty..

so I'll be making a purchase soon.. although I don't think it was worth $60... I'll pay $40, so soon as they have an eshop sale I'm all over it.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I really need to play this game. I downloaded it a week after its initial release date and for the most part become another addition to the backlog games.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I own this game on WiiU and love it. I beat the story mode but have not hopped into online yet. I need to do that asap.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@DefHalan
But what makes it easier is the fact the game is utterly amazing! Same for Rayman Legends. Idk which game I like more- it's like choosing your favorite kid (or how I imagine it would be if I actually HAD kids)!

Tell you what, Ubisoft can do no wrong in my eyes. ZombiU and Assassin's Creed 3 were also both decent games. I'd recommend both if you can find them for around the $20 range (I think they're lower than that on Amazon actually). And with Assassin's Creed 4 in a month, and Watch Dogs in 2 months, AND Child of Light coming as well, it's going to be a busy year just from Ubisoft!

coreyerb

coreyerb said:

@DanMan82 @thewayyouare Nah SvM still has issues. In Blacklist mode you still freeze at respawn and players sometimes don't show up in your game (the lobby will be full but the scoreboard says not and if they're hacking a terminal you can't tell which one but you'll hear the bings for 25% progress).

Classic works more of the time but still can't connect to most lobbies.