New Sonic Lost World Trailer Reveals A Slight Delay to North American Release

Posted by Orla Madden

European remains unaffected for the time being

The latest trailer for Sonic Lost World for the Wii U and 3DS reveals that the hotly anticipated release is due to suffer a delay across North America.

The Deadly Six extended trailer, which features Sonic encountering each member of his evil enemies, confirms that the upcoming SEGA title won't reach the region's shores until 29th October, pushing it back a week from its previous scheduled launch date of 22nd October. Sonic's newest adventure is still currently on target for release in Europe on 18th October.

Sonic Lost World is coming exclusively to the Wii U and 3DS, and players look set to be in for a treat as the blue hedgehog explores a new world which is on the path to destruction courtesy of the Deadly Six.

Why not read our First Impressions, and let us know if you'll be dashing to the shops to pick up Sonic Lost World at launch.

[via computerandvideogames.com, youtube.com]

Related Games

Warruz

Warruz said:

Looks fun, i just REALLLLLLLLLY dislike the boss designs.

Delay is fine, im gonna be lost in AC4

Gioku

Gioku said:

...this delay does not affect me, because I was planning on getting it on November 14th or December 25th, anyway. :P

BeatOli

BeatOli said:

What's with that disgusting box art with that needless text just thrown in there? Yuck.

DanMan82

DanMan82 said:

Agree with you guys. It will give me more time to play WWHD, Batman, and hopefully put a dent in the backlog of games I have to play.

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

I like the normal Wii U Sonic Lost World box art, but I dislike the Sonic Lost World: Deadly Six Edition Wii U box art.

Gioku

Gioku said:

I think I liked the Deadly Six better when they were in Japanese, and I had no idea what they were saying... now this looks like one of those bad CGI cartoons they seem to like making on Nickelodeon these days...

MeWario

MeWario said:

Man a lot of the Wii-U covers have been beautiful. This one is another stunner.

rjejr

rjejr said:

It was the same day as Lego Marvel so looks like I'll be getting that first and this when that's done.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@IceClimbers $39.99 for the Wii U and 29.99 for 3DS, but I could be off by +10 Dollars on each.

Was anyone surprised at the delay? With all Sonic games in recent years, Europe has always gotten Sonic a few days earlier than the America's. Almost every time too, America gets pushed back a month or so before release.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

does anyone have any clue what it says on the wiiu boxart under the main title? lol

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

what sucks is the release dates all the games coming out at the same month if not same week -_- not enough to get everything nor play each one grrr >.<

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

@FishieFish I don't think it looks so bad, though nothing spectacular or even particularly eye-catching. The 3DS one in particular I can understand where you're coming from. The layout is all weird.

@DarkNinja9 Well, it's a good thing you don't have to get all of them on launch day, isn't it?

Austroid

Austroid said:

I'm a bit dissappointed. Really looking forward to this; just everything about it is simply amazing.

But a week isn't too bad, I'll have Arkham Origins to keep me busy 'till then. :P

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Really looking forward to this, will probably be the last Wii U game I buy this year. Everything else looks meh:P

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

I don't care as long as the Deadly Six Edition is made widely available, also by the looks of the video it appears 3DS wont be getting this Special Edition.

ultrakatie64

ultrakatie64 said:

If they need to take some extra time to fine tune this game, I have no problem with that. This looks great so far so I can wait a little longer.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

@FishieFish agreed, the trailer and deadly six characters are awfull!! Luckily the game looks amazing so I might have to tolerate some 'brats' style teen characters as part of that!

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

I really hope the release date stays the same in Europe. Sure, Pokémon X/Y and all that, but still.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Works for me anyways. I have two other games to get, Pokemon X and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Azikira

Azikira said:

1 week delay is nothing. Don't you people remember Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines? Sure, they are horrid games, but they got delayed for YEARS.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

A delay is better, Having it so close to Pokemon was a bad idea in the first place.