New Pokémon Movie Screening In Cartoon Network Event on 19th October

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A sneak peak of Pokémon the Series: XY will also be shown

It's pretty difficulty to avoid Pokémon X & Y right now, as its release creeps ever closer and fans worldwide contemplate which version to buy, and whether they simply have to play the new entries on a limited edition 3DS XL. Nintendo revealed a lot in its recent Pokémon Direct, too, including the cloud-saving Bank and Transporter services, as well as news that the three original starters will also be available in addition to Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. We do fear that some fans may spontaneously combust if this carries on for much longer.

Pokémon is about more than just the games of course, with its cultural reach spreading to trading card games and plenty of movies and TV shows. To build hype further its now been announced that there'll be a special TV event on Cartoon Network on 19th October in the U.S., the week after the games arrive, that will include the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened and a sneak peak at the new XY series. Check out the full details in the press release extract below.

In celebration of the October 12th worldwide release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, Cartoon Network will host a special Pokémon animation event on Saturday, October 19th. Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. The event begins with an encore presentation of Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice on Cartoon Network.

Tune in to Cartoon Network on October 19th to watch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened. Five Genesect have invaded the big city and threaten its power supply, attracting the attention of the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, whose motives are unknown. Ash, Pikachu, and friends must come to the rescue when the Genesect’s powerful leader, Red Genesect, confronts Mewtwo! The movie features the Mega-Evolved form of Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo, which appears for the first time in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Fans can also battle with Red Genesect when the Pokémon Trading Card Game: Red Genesect Collection arrives at retail stores nationwide on September 25th. This new Pokémon TCG collection includes a Red Genesect theme deck, a limited edition collector’s pin, and more.

Beginning October 12th, the same day Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games launch worldwide, some exciting new Pokémon and characters from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be introduced in the current season of the Pokémon animated series on Cartoon Network, Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova and Beyond. Alexa, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern join Ash and friends as they continue to explore the Decolore Islands on their way back to the Kanto region.

Will you be tuning in, U.S. gamers?

rjejr

rjejr said:

On the calendar, thanks for the heads up. Anybody know if this is the same movie that recently got a theatrical release in Japan?

My kids haven't even finished purchasing all the Plamsa cards yet, can't believe they already have more new decks coming out, though X+Y was inevitable. .

Anybody know anything about the X+Y Pokemon being added to the $15 3DS Pokedex? It cost $15 for basically free web content so I hope its free or cheap DLC.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Of people who watched it already, they've said the Mewtwo in this movie is a different Mewtwo then has been in previous movies and the anime, which is lore breaking because there should only be one of them.

themac2001

themac2001 said:

@DarkKirby you are right as mewtwo was created by scientists. surely they didn't make another one? that would be stupid considering the amount of lives lots when #1 was created

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

@rjejr Yes this movie is the one that was recently in theaters in Japan. I think it debuted on June 23. I really hope that the Kalos Pokedex is free DLC for Pokedex 3D Pro.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

@DarkKirby I heard that this Mewtwo doesn't know Ash so I assume that this is a different one, which is weird because the previous Mewtwo was in a movie and in a special. They might not have had the same voice actor so they decided to make it a different Mewtwo. I doubt that happened but anything is possible.

Akira

Akira said:

Just as an aside, anyone know if they're planning to release the shiny Genesect from the movie as an Event in the US, like they did in Japan?

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

It is a different Mewtwo. I won't tell you any spoilers but watch the prologue to find out the details.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Why is Canada always left out? I would love to be able to watch this movie but don't have Cartoon Network.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Super stoked that this movie is coming to America, and so soon! My four year old son and I will be watching this for sure. Very excited for this movie, the new show, new TCG, and the games of course. w00t w00t. oh and I saw someone's post about this being a different Mew Two. That is interesting.

Silver_August

Silver_August said:

@DarkKirby Technically there's nothing stopping villianous teams from getting the Team rocket research and making a clone of their own, after all Mewtwo himself stole the cloning machine (or rather built a tower around it), so why not have Plasma or Galactic or someone else sneak in get the blue prints and make their own? Seems easier then trying to find a rogue one that'll hand your butt anyways.

ALSO its now canon that Arceus can just..make Pokemon, he will out right create you one of the Sinnoh mascot legends despite them already existing within the context of the gen 4 era, so...a new mewtwo is nothing new, ontop of that, it would explain why 2 trainers can face off with mewtwos of their own.

EpicGamer

EpicGamer said:

This is real great and all, but what about that Pokemon Origins special? You know, the thing with Red. I'm hoping they release that in America.

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I used to only like the original pokemon anime. But now that Ash got his Charizard back... I am starting to like the new stuff.

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

October 12th is my birthday! This is the first Pokemon I was considering not getting, but I'm pretty sure that's a sign.

dadajo

dadajo said:

Though I'm not a big fan of the anime anymore (Watched all of it up to best wishes. I just could not stand the new characters.) I'll probably watch this just because usually the pokemon movies are really entertaining. On a unrelated note am I the only one who thinks that movie poster looks boring? I mean it is pokemon make them be fighting, have tons of pokemon on it, or have explosions.

Slayer

Slayer said:

I never was very fond of the Pokemon media, besides the games and the card game. The card game is pretty much cracked since people can make custom cards now, and as for the games there's an app where you can customize the levels and stuff of a Pokemon and send it to GTS in-game so you can recieve it, making it possible to get overpowered Pokemon without training them whatsoever. Why do people hack these games?

KittenKoder

KittenKoder said:

@AutumnShantel I believe they are referring to the game, specifically, the widespread use of 3D models in this game and the redesigned wifi system make it almost a completely new game in the series.