Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Two

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

From nose pinching to reset bomb detonations

Last week we started a new series of features highlighting the weekly screens distributed by franchise boss Masahiro Sakurai, which we rather wittily called "A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii and 3DS Screens - Issue One. Now we have issue two, which brings five more delicious screens at which to gaze.

As before, Sakurai-san has gone for a mix of quirky humour and others that simply show stages or moves in more detail; we have two 3DS and three Wii U screens this time around. The Wuhu Island stage will apparently be fought on a plane flying around the right side of the area, while "Mega Man's Charge Shot is a chargeable side smash attack", which differs in style from Samus' namesake move. The reset bomb pic also brings us back to Sakurai-san's terrific 3DS title, Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Check them out below.

26th August

27th August

28th August

29th August

30th August

There were certainly some good ones this week. Check back at the same time next week to see the next batch, and let us know which is your favourite in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (343 votes)

The Villager honks Luigi's nose

24%

A reset bomb explodes

14%

A view of Wuhu Island

14%

Link is deadly, Kirby dances

21%

Mega Man and Samus compare charge attacks

20%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

icerazor

icerazor said:

The second picture caught my attention. So it was an item that did that?... and it blew up the stage?

Gioku

Gioku said:

@icerazor Nah, it's probably in the background. It's based off of a stage from KI:U in which a "reset bomb" is detonated.

Giggamer3000

Giggamer3000 said:

Samus vs mega man because its the only 3ds pic that i can actually see and tell whats going on....

Groosenator

Groosenator said:

Samus vs. Mega Man because it is the first picture on the 3DS that has the outlines turned off. Sakurai also confirmed alongside it that the move is Mega Man's sidesmash.

Pretty decent week in my opinion. Even so, today's pic and comment is stronger than any from last week.

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

That view of Wuhu Island is stunning. It seems weird to say it, but I'm loving just how intricately detailed the Wii U stages seem.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@ThomasBW84
So I guess monday's the day, huh? Good to know! (Please either confirm or deny, as this weekly column is something I'm gonna check out every time there's an update!)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Love this. I went with Link because the master sword looks like a lightsaber there. Kirby puts the funny tone in an otherwise serious pic.

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

The reset bomb pic shows a transition as evident by an earlier pic of donkey kong on a stage that shows a membrane like background.
also i love the wii u character designs. They have a clay like texture to them.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Wuhu Island, I can't wait for Super Smash Bros HD, it just looks incredible... that is... if only I had a good TV that went along with this.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

link & kirby look the best graphically speaking.
looks like it's on that metroid: other M stage, and just like last week's screens that stage provides the most interesting and dynamic lighting to show off the graphics.
I also hope that, like Driveclub on PS4, we will continue to see improvements to the graphics in each build.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Wuhu Island for me. The stage keeps looking better with each pic shown.

Also, this is just pointing out, but the windmill farm is gone for some reason.

Interneto

Interneto said:

Off topic:

Is it possible to get notifications here whenever someone replies my comments?

Jllanos22

Jllanos22 said:

No more photos and tell us a release date!!!

Can't wait for this game to come out!!!

Shambo

Shambo said:

Samus and Mega Man with arm cannons. Because of Samus and Mega Man and arm cannons.

DonnaxNL

DonnaxNL said:

Can you next time put the links to the Miiverse pages? I want to see the caption of Sakurai