Chiptune Artist Dj CUTMAN Releases Zelda: Link's Awakening Tribute Album

Posted by Damien McFerran

A link to the ghetto blast

Dj CUTMAN is a name you'll probably be familiar with if you follow the world of chiptune music, and he's just launched another album packed with retro-tinged tunes updated in a modern style.

Taking inspiration from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, MeowMeow & BowWow is a collaboration between Dj CUTMAN and fellow artist Spamtron, and has taken a year to produce.

You can check out a sample here and purchase a digital copy if you like what you hear. Physical copies of the album are also available for pre-order.

Have a listen and share your thoughts in the comments field below — we've been grabbed by the sudden urge to dust off our slightly-yellow monochrome Game Boy...

[via music.gamechops.com]

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Oh this brings back memories. If the other songs are remixed just as good as the Mabe Village one then I will be buying the album.

MAB

MAB said:

Nothing gets a rave party more pumped like some awesome Streets of Rage 2 beat droppin' ;)

DJ Yuzo Koshiro

DjCUTMAN

DjCUTMAN said:

@Rococoman All the music on GameChops are cover songs, we pay a mechanical license fee to Nintendo each time the album is downloaded :]

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Haha! Love Sword Search, what a perfect track to have as the preview mix. I'll definitely check the rest of the tracks out!

stupidpupil

stupidpupil said:

I adore The Woods. And the entire album. But especially The Woods :)

Link's Awakening is my favourite game of all time, and I'm really happy to see the excellence re-excellented so excellently!!

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

Echoing the comment of the one prior to this one, Link's Awakening is one of the definitive games of my childhood and my life, and hearing my favourite song from that little cartridge the Mysterious Wood in that form is nothing short of fabulous. Bravo!

Dark_Link

Dark_Link said:

This is awesome!!! Mabe Village is one of my favorite's. That melody is just so catchy and awesome. Great job on this!!!

bmou

bmou said:

Chiptune is a bit of a misleading title for DJ Cutman. he just seems to remix a lot of things, not necessarily chiptune only stuff. his Wii remix album is really good as well.