Celebrate the launch of Pokémon X & Y at Nintendo World in New York

Posted by Martin Watts

Come PokéParty on down!

Nintendo of America is set to host an exciting launch event at Nintendo World in New York on 11th October to celebrate the release of the highly anticipated Pokémon X & Y for Nintendo 3DS.

Starting at 9.00pm EST and running until 1:00am, the event will provide Pokémon fans with the chance to play the upcoming games and participate in a wealth of fun activities, as well as be among the first people in the country to own a copy of Pokémon X or Y. In case you're wondering, the games will only be on sale from midnight on 12th October, Pokémon X & Y's official global release date.

The launch celebration is set to be a rocking PokéParty and will feature a DJ, Pokémon trivia, gameplay stands and even a costumed appearance from the ever adorable Pikachu. Nintendo is also planning to run a number of giveaways over the duration of the evening.

Are you planning to attend the event? If so, let us know in the comments section below and be sure to take plenty of photos!

ShikabaneHime13

ShikabaneHime13 said:

Highly tempted to cancel my paid pre-orders at Gamestop then catch the train up from DC to this event!

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

If I had the extra cash and time I def would! Unfortunately I have to get up at 5 in the morning for work the next day not to mention that I'm gonna be working 16 hours before I even get the game.

idork99

idork99 said:

I wish they'd do the same all around the world in all the major cities. Tokyo, London, Paris (it seems ideal especially since the scene of the game is based off of this city), New York, L.A., Chicago... and every other major city I forgot to mention. Now that would be a party!

And I'm not even a fan of Pokemon. But I'd still love to attend to meet up with my fellow Nintenerds and get some puzzle pieces for StreetPass ;)

ultrakatie64

ultrakatie64 said:

@idork99 I wish they would open up more Nintendo World stores in major cities. The one in New York is amazing and the place for StreetPass.

rjejr

rjejr said:

How many people awake from 9PM to 1AM care about a Pikachu costumed character?

I guess that's what happens when games release on Sat instead of Sunday. We already have 2 $5 GC waiting for us at Target so we wouldn't be buying it there anyway.

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

You guys sure it's the 11th? That doesn't seem right since it's out the 12th. If so I'll be disappointed, since I thought it was the 12th, now I probably won't be able to go.

Gold

Gold said:

I wish I could go! Not only for Streetpass, but to get X and Y!

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

@ShikabaneHime13

I get out of school at 2:45, my dad works to 12 in the city and I live an hour away from the store, and my mom can't drive the distance, so sadly I will miss this, my parents thought it was the 12th as well but it's not, it was on my b day list to, dang.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

@rjejr Well they wanted a worldwide release and we don't have many stores that are open on sunday in Europe. Well at least none in my country. :(

DreaddJester

DreaddJester said:

Yup, sounds like a lot of fun for those who live in NY. Now if I could just convince my local Game Flop that they need to have a midnight release of Pokémon X & Y too so I could join in on a midnight release party. I'm actually considering canceling my order at Game Stop and either getting the download version or getting it at the 24 hour Wal-Mart, which assured me that they will be releasing it at midnight. Just no party on either of those ways.... bummer.

Senario

Senario said:

I wish there were more Nintendo World Stores across the country ): But I understand why they can't because it does cost money to run these stores.

Even the Sony and Microsoft stores only have a section dedicated to games, a whole store for a single brand's games would be heaven for Nintendo fans but for others I doubt it would bring in a lot of revenue. Unless parents actively go get Nintendo games for their kids, sadly I see way too many that just don't give a crap and buy their kids age inappropriate games.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Dang it! My brother won't be in NY until a week later! :|

Pokémon Trivia: Koffing was called Ny in a prototype build of Pokémon Red and Blue, apparently named after New York. Its evolution, Weezing, was called La, after Los Angeles. This would have made them the Pokémon with the shortest English names, a title currently held by Mew, along with Weezing's counterpart, Muk.

ZephyrTortera

ZephyrTortera said:

My mail will be delivered it Saturday morning and I'll play it day and night on my new bed. Life couldn't be sweeter. I can wait for the mailman (hopefully...).

Kit

Kit said:

It's a bit too far for me to travel, but I will be going to the....

MIDNIGHT POKEMON X/Y LAUNCH @ GAME, THE MALL, CRIBBS CAUSEWAY, BRISTOL, UK.

If anyone else wants to come along they're welcome! Come and meet the Bristol Pokémon Academy too. :-D

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I know where I'm going to be next friday. Too bad the wifi hotspot is so iffy around there, I guess I can start my download after I come home from the event.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I wanna visit that store one day. Too bad they don't have at least a couple more throughout the country.