AiRace Speed Flying Onto the 3DS eShop Soon

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A need for speed

Two DSiWare releases that we rather enjoyed were AiRace and AiRace Tunnel, and with that in mind we're certainly pleased to hear about AiRace Speed from QubicGames.

Due on the 3DS eShop "late summer", which could mean in the next few weeks, this high-speed flying game will cost $4.99 in North America and €4.99 / £4.49 in Europe. The basic idea is to fly powerful jets through 18 tracks full of obstacles and secret exits; there'll also be online leaderboards and achievements to take on. The developer is emphasizing smooth controls and tricky challenges in its sales pitch, while we simply hope it takes the good work of its predecessors and makes further progress for the franchise.

We'll be keeping out eyes peeled for this one. Check out the rather flashy cinematic trailer below and let us know if it's on your wishlist.

Related Games

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Was hoping for some gameplay on that video, but looks good in concept, love me some air racing.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Well, if the first two games in the series were good, should mean this one will be as well. Looks promising, and $5 is a great price.

Kirk

Kirk said:

No gameplay.

Pointless video.

Waste of however many seconds I spent watching it.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

dsi game was quite good. but it kinda had graphical limitations.
now the 3ds game looks like it wil be even better

mystman12

mystman12 said:

I've been following this for a while and I'm really looking forward to it! I really like AiRace Tunnel, but I wasn't a big fan of AiRace, so I'm glad this is more like Tunnel. I'll definitely get this when it comes out!

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

The first two games were really cool. Always wanted them to be a bit faster, so hope this one is going to be a progression in the right direction. Hay, for under a skin diver and some change left for a can on pop, I would buy tomorrow. Has anyone seen any real gameplay for this release?

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Typical CGI intro film. Be interesting to see the final project, especially since the DSiWare AiRace games were really good fun. Hopefully Qubic delivers another good entry into the series.

Pachterkid

Pachterkid said:

Judging from that screenshot alone I am going to keep my eye on this one. I'm always on the lookout for something quick and fun on my XL.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I can assume it's Airace tunnel 2, I enjoyed the first one but I hope this one will have a endless mode like the last one.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

5 bucks for an F-Zero-style racer with 18 different tracks AND leaderboards?!
Dude, this is going to be one hell of a deal!

MeWario

MeWario said:

Awesome! The DSi game was brilliant but ugly as all hell haha. Can't wait to see how much better it looks on the 3DS

flightsaber

flightsaber said:

I actually spent more time on AIRace than I did on Mariokart 7 - can't wait for the sequel! :D

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

As many other commenters said, I don't have much use for trailers with zero frames of actual in-game footage.

Jumpman

Jumpman said:

Did anyone else notice the misspelled our in the second-to-last sentence?