You'll Be Able To Dress Up As Mario And Luigi In Rayman Legends

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rayman and Globox become siblings

Today's North American Nintendo Direct broadcast featured Rayman Legends — a game which should have been with Wii U owners by now, but we won't open up old wounds — especially when you consider that the Nintendo version of the game will feature the ability to dress up Rayman and Globox as Mario and Luigi respectively.

PlayStation 3 players will get an Assassin’s Creed IV costume, while Xbox 360 fans will have a Splinter Cell one.

If you ask us, Nintendo fans are getting the best deal out of this.

bigfranky75

bigfranky75 said:

i LOVE this. can't wait for this title. this and Sonic Lost Worlds are absolute must haves... Day 1.... for me.

Ryno

Ryno said:

What, Playstation or Xbox don't have their own unique mascot to make a costume from?

I will pick this up someday but not right away. The price of Ubisoft games drop like a rock within a few months after release. .

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Ok, Ubisoft. I will get the Wii U version then. That strategy also worked for Tekken Tag 2.

And while you are at it, how about dressing Barbara as Peach and Teensies as Toads?

Dark_Link

Dark_Link said:

I applaud Ubisoft for adding the special feature exclusive for the Wii U version. The game looks great and the use of the gamepad in this game looks really fun!

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

I remember choosing the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2 because you could play as Link (vs Heihachi or Spawn on the PS2 and XBox), so stuff like this should encourage a few people to buy the Wii U version.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

You woulda thought they'd have included Peach and Toad/Yoshi costumes for the other characters, but there you go. Hopefully a day1 update can fix that :D
Update: Ooh ooh ooh, and have the evil dragon thing in a bowser costume!!! How cool would that be?

hydeks

hydeks said:

not enough to make up for us waiting this long and making it multi platform, sorry ubi.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@sinalefa Same here, for the Tekken thing. If a Wii U version of a 'multiplat' honours Nintendo, it's a must for my collection's sake alone. If the game seems fun to me, and is good -or in both these cases and Sonis AASRT's case BEST- on Wii U, it's day one.

Cohort

Cohort said:

After watching the video I'm quite interested in this, plus Blacklist and Watchdogs to come... nice little lineup from Ubisoft

Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw said:

I know I'm biased but I prefer the Nintendo costumes and i've already forgiven Ubisoft. It's pointless holding a grudge, so Wii U version it is.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

As with the GC version of SoulCalibur II and last year's Tekken on Wii U, this is a hook to make us buy the game on the Nintendo console. And it totally works for me. I want more of this from 3rd parties. Apologies accepted, Ubisoft.
I could get this game probably way cheaper for PC, but now I want to play it on Wii U.

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Everyone is talking about how this reminds them of Link in the GameCube version of Soul Caliber II, and the Mario costumes in Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition...

...and I'm here just thinking of the Mario and Zelda characters that were exclusive to the Wii U version of Scribblenauts Unlimited.

JQuest

JQuest said:

Well.. I have to get it now... This solidifies the Wii U as the definitive version.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

@OdnetninAges Alas, I can't say I remember Mario and Zelda characters in Scribblenauts Unlimited, as the game was never released in Europe. Not yet, at least. Don't know what went wrong with Warner Bros. to mess it up like this in this day and age.

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

@OdnetninAges

Well, you can get Nintendo characters (as well as basically anything you can think of) for the PC version of Scribblenauts via mods.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

It will be dirt cheap before long. (Reason being Ubisoft stuff is junk). Just get the Donkey Kong Country Wii U it will be tons better.

Origins was garbage this will be more of the same. (I am sure they paid off many people to get the reviews they did I cannot think of any other reason).

Next they will announce that this is DLC that costs £5 per costume.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Ha, that's neat! I actually kind of favor the idea of Splinter Cell costumes, but I would definitely use these. Only thing is, by the time this releases, I'm going to have (and already do have) too many other games I'm playing on my Wii U and 3DS. I don't hold a grudge against Ubisoft, but if they had released it on schedule when I didn't have as many games to play, I would have had a much greater desire for this. :(

DePapier

DePapier said:

If somehow this game sells better on the Wii U than on other consoles, I think Yves will have to give us February Wii U owners a thank you and an apology.

Still not buying. I'll wait for the bargain bin: that is, if I even dare to wait for the game. W101, here I come!!

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

@AlexSora89 I'm not cross with Ubisoft. They delayed it and made it multi-platform, but they run a business and it was the sensible thing to do given the small install base of Wii U. But they remain one of the few 3rd parties supportive of the console, and will still gives us all their major games in the coming months, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell, etc. They actually try to push the envelope with the GamePad. They did not call Wii U "crap" like others.
I hope their Wii U games sell well this holiday season, and by next year they keep delivering the goods to us. They might even reconsider a ZombiU sequel if sales improve. And if Beyond Good & Evil 2 is really coming, I'd like a version on Wii U.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Shambo

I loved Sonic Racing Transformed. The way two can play without splitting the screen is great.

The funny thing with these costumes is that Luigi is the fat one this time

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I was already going to get this game regardless of Ubisoft's early year blunder, but it's nice that they decided to put exclusive content in the Wii U version. The game is still going to be good, so I hope not too many people are still holding a grudge.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@sinalefa Just finished SAASRT World tour (until the credits rolled at least) entirely in 'co-op' with my girlfriend now, it truely is the best version with dual screen, local 5 players, and the single player use of gamepad and off-tv.

Still, that keeps Luigi as the secondary character... Although -after that viking girl- I'd pick Globox over Rayman any time. He's hilarious!

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Samurai_Goroh I hope, wish, hell I'd even pray your wishful thinking comes true. BG&E2, Zombiu2 (with a different title preferably), Red Steel 3,...

Currently looking forward to Splinter Cell and Rayman soon and Watch Dogs later, all preordered. I'm not sailing out with AC4 yet though. Windwaker will get me seasick once more, first. Then I'll see about AC4.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Shambo

I managed to unlock AGES, then it was beyond hard for me. The variety of the events was very enjoyable.

I think that here you can select any character in single player, so Globox can take the spotlight. It is the year of Luigi after all!

Senario

Senario said:

@The-Chosen-one I would say he has a legitimate reason to have some ill will towards Ubisoft, what they did was an incredibly jerk move and should not have happened. The "stop complaining" argument can be applied to pretty much anything but it shouldn't be used to dismiss his reasons for not getting the game. You cannot really measure the importance of consumer's thoughts when doing business. Even if the definitive version is the Wii U version it still lost a lot of momentum it had after the delay to make the game multiplat.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@sinalefa In the demo and the challenges you could, and if I remember correctly, in Origins as well, so probably in this one too.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Senario They claim to have continued adding extra stuff instead of just porting it, so it's a good thing after all.
True, Ubisoft shouldn't have done what they did, but Ancel's team used the time better than intended.
The real jerk in this picture was Microsoft, with their 'first, simultaneous or not at all' multiplatform release policy. But then again... Imagine the game being released on Wii U and then ported anyway, while still adding extra's. We'd have gotten the early version of an otherwise much larger, more polished game. That'd be quite a bit more annoying.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

You think the PS3 could get a sack boy costume (or some other mascot) while xbox got a Master chief costume, well it's nice of Nintendo to lend their most famous costume again (Tekken tag tournament 2 having a bunch of Nintendo costumes)

Datasun_7

Datasun_7 said:

@unrandomsam IMHO origins was better and more original than any recent platformer I have played. And legends looks to be better.Why the hate for UbiSoft anyway? They are the only ones actually supporting the Wii u this year.