World Conqueror 3D Will Satisfy 3DS eShop Tyrants Soon

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"You have to think how to defend your land and swallow neighbour countries"

CIRCLE Entertainment was particularly active on the DSi Shop, and it's already kicking into gear on the 3DS eShop. Earlier in the year we brought you a rather lengthy list of planned releases from the company, and World Conquest has now emerged as World Conqueror 3D.

A port of World Conqueror 1945, the smartphone title has a reputation for a rather hardcore level of challenge and strategic depth, with CIRCLE Entertainment's Chris Chau admitting to beefjack.com that the title's visuals will be given a "more comfortable" look, while talking up the strategic elements of various nation's strengths and weaknesses, as well as the importance of non-battle elements such as tax income. If you want to conquer the world, you need money.

The planned release for this strategy title is October, with Chau claiming that with 12 campaigns and three storylines players should be able to find around 50 hours of gameplay — that's reliant, presumably, on repeating the quest with plenty of different nations. We'll start placing toy soldier's and red arrows on over-sized maps in preparation, will you?

[via beefjack.com, gonintendo.com]

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Multiplayer? Oui/Non?

... and why is no-one bringing RTS/TBS to the Wii U, and exploiting the Gamepad?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Sounds interesting but I don't want to invest 50 or so hours into this really. So many other retail games that deserve that much time!

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

I love strategy, I've spent a literal 1,000 hours of Age Of Empires on the PC.

Depends on price and size, but I'm interested in this. I'll probably buy this.

Thanks @ThomasBW84. :)

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

As someone who lives in Japan, its weird to look at a world map and see Alaska THAT close to us.

Marr_the_Great

Marr_the_Great said:

I love strategy games, I might pick this up if there is single 3DS multiplayer. It seems like it's simple enough for pass-the-3DS to work.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

This looks great!
Surprised they didn't call it 'World Domination Dream' or something though...

conman2012

conman2012 said:

Come on Nintendo. Get this on the Wii U shop. I'll download it then.

I enjoy these sorts of games, had a look at the ios version yesterday. Reminds me a lot of the board game Axis and Allies which is lots of fun.

nf_2

nf_2 said:

Looks (and sounds) like a more complicated version of Slay. I'm interested. Of course, it will be hitting around the time Pokemon comes out so....