Wii U eShop Title Tengami Suffers Delay, But Is Still Coming This Year

Posted by Damien McFerran

"We want to keep working on it until we feel it is ready"

Tengami's proposed Summer release has been postponed, but developer Nyamyam insists that it's still coming in 2013.

The game — which we exclusively announced was coming to the Wii U eShop back in April — was expected to hit iOS in August, with other formats following afterwards.

Speaking on Nyamyam's official site, co-founder Jennifer Schneidereit said:

In some interviews earlier this year I said that we were hoping to release Tengami this August and we stated on the website for a long time that a release is planned for the summer. While Tengami is definitely coming out this year we still have a fair amount of work to do and therefore we won’t be releasing this summer. We are sorry for making you wait so long, but we have spent almost 3 years on Tengami now and want to keep working on it until we feel it is ready.

Tengami is still coming out on iOS first and shortly after on Wii U, PC and Mac. More platforms are possible, but we have our hands full with these four for now.

Phil is doing some initial work on Tengami’s Wii U version, while Ryo and I are finishing off the ocean level. After that we want to make one more level, which will make for a total of 3 levels in the final game.

Delays are always a shame, but if it means we get a better game, then we're all for it. What about you? Are you disappointed to hear this news? Post a comment to tell us.

[via nyamyam.com]

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

This one looks beautiful. Take your time, Pikmin and Ducktales will keep me busy during August.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

I thought they said 3 levels was always their original goal. I can see this one slipping into January/February of 2014.

Gameday

Gameday said:

I love these kind of games dont mind the delay but they better not cancel !

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

This game IS Rareware sneaking back on Nintendo, I can't wait for this, Phil Tossell AND David Wise on an indie developed game coming to Wii U before xbox or PD or maybe even exclusively? Very very nice warm and cosy feeling

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

such a beautiful game. don't rush it. we buy a shiny Tengami wii u version when it's ready.

DePapier

DePapier said:

After seeing what the delay did to Pikmin 3 and what it will obviously do to The Wonderful 101, I'm totally OK with a goodwilled delay.

capitalism

capitalism said:

Looks awesome and I can't wait to play a game developed by former Rareware guys on a Nintendo console. David Wise is doing the music for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze as well so maybe it's time for Nintendo to invest in their company and bring them back permanently as a second party studio. One can dream..........