Weirdness: It's a Nintendo 64 Controller Pillow, Which Looks Rather Comfortable

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Retro resting

Most gamers will have a favourite spot from which they like to play games, whether it's a chair, bed or hanging upside down from the ceiling — that last one may just be for Batman fans. In any case some handicraft enthusiasts create their own gaming seats, with some impressive examples.

One such gamer is DeviantArt user tavington, who's produced an enormous pillow shaped like a Nintendo 64 controller. Here's what she had to say about the creation on its page.

I wanted to make a pillow for myself, as I’ve sold all of the other ones I’ve made I wanted to push the boundaries and make something gigantic!

The N64 was the first console that introduced me to the Zelda games, so it means a lot to me. I also loved its unique shape and the controller overall was one of the best I’ve ever played on (analog stick ftw)

This is my new gaming pillow, I’ll be using it whilst slouching around playing Animal Crossing.

It looks pretty comfortable for a bit of gaming, especially of the retro variety.

[via tavington.deviantart.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Hahaha that's awesome! :D I once saw Shine Sprite (from Super Mario Sunshine) pillows at a local game store for $30, I thought it was a bit pricey & hence didn't buy one... To this day I regret that decision.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, now that would be something I could put my arms around and snuggle on.

Brother_Jolteon

Brother_Jolteon said:

I actually forgot how this controller looked like, looking at it now reminds me how weird it looked. Always remembe playing smash bros and pokemon stadium 1 & 2 but I don't remember that controller

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Whether I am using the right controller or not bothers me more than what I am sat on. (And other stuff like input lag / sprite flicker and whether it has a tacky filter on the game or not.)

(Annoyed that I was 250 Eu club nintendo points short of getting the snes classic controller when it went out of stock).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I liked the controller because whether you used the dpad or analog stick it was still very comfortable.

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

I would absolutely sleep on that!...Too bad they didn't make a Dream Team pillow/Pi'llio.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Looks pretty comfortable.. just what one needs for those long AC:NL sessions.

Blue-Thunder

Blue-Thunder said:

The N64 controller was revolutionary but the sticks used to get stiff after a while. I queued all night outside the Virgin Megastore in Dublin in 1997 to get an N64 at launch. They had 14 consoles and at about seven in the morning there were about 200 in the que, I was number 7.
I also queued for the Wii. There were 8 in store in gamestop in Navan, I was number 8 in the que but I only queued from 6:30am that time. Nintendo nut or what. I didn't feel the same buzz with Wii U even though I have one now but it could also be that I'm getting older.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Still a great controller and works like a charm with those newer thumb sticks you can buy and put in them.

Skeet102

Skeet102 said:

I want it sooo much. the three grip handles make good resting spots for your arms and back.

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

I like it when NintendoLife puts up interesting little things like this, looks awesome!

Shambo

Shambo said:

@unrandomsam I loved how the stick could be used either as a left or right stick, depending on whether precise movement or precise aiming were most important. Or it could be not used at all, and completely out of the way.

@Big-Luigi I can see why you'd like that, but gaming while dreaming strikes me as being quite... difficult.
Awesome image btw!

@DestinyMan All three my arms! It looks comfortable to put your arms between the three ends, under the pillow, while laying on your belly to game.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Make it even bigger and you could have a two-seater gaming cushion.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@ogo79

Those Newborn ,lifeless, blocky, bland and blurry textured graphics have aged worse than my grandma wave who is now pushing 200. ;)