Video: This Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies DLC Case Intro is Glorious to Behold

Posted by Tim Latshaw

One whale of a scene

Youtube user MasterOfRayquaza has been kind enough to upload the opening of Turnabout Return, the DLC case for the upcoming Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney — Dual Destinies, and it’s something to see.

The footage comes from the Japanese version, so those of us who don’t know the language won’t understand the text or voice acting. Still watch, however, because the cutscene at the 1:18 mark shines forth with a universally understood symbol of awesomeness: an orca with a mustache breaching in slow motion and flip-tackling a pirate off a ship. This is then followed by a jaunty tune. What does this have to do with the case at hand? Who cares? It's a killer whale with a mustache.

On a scale of your choosing, just how cool is an orca sporting a refined, gentlemanly mustache? Let us know below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

SuperconsoleAdmin

Superconsole said:

This is so ridiculous but brilliant at the same time.
It's pretty much universally agreed that anything looks better with a 'tache.

GuSilverFlame

GuSilverFlame said:

so, a pirate womanwith an Orca and not only this but they both also wear mustaches??
I'm sold!!!

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

I love Ace Attorney, but the angry Englishman in me is saying: 'I care, it's a whale with a MOUSTACHE'.

I know it's an accepted spelling in America, but it still is twisting my melon, man.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Someone live streamed this DLC case on Twitch, so I spoiled myself and watched it. It looked like a lot of fun, and there were a lot of hilarious parts in the case. XD

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Also, here's a translation of the song, courtsy of court-records.net. The top is the original Japanese lyrics, the bottom is the English translation:

♪ 7つの海を~大冒険! nanatsu no umi o daibouken!
虹色サンゴにゴツゴツ洞窟 nijiiro sango ni gotsugotsu doukutsu
海の底へもひと潜り umi no soko he mo hito moguri
大航海の始まりさあ! ♫ daikoukai no hajimari saa!

A great adventure upon the seven seas!
Rainbow coral living in the rugged caves
To the bottom of the sea, divers will go
The Age of Exploration has begun!

Maskeraid

Maskeraid said:

Phoenix will grow a moustache for this case to make the whale feel comfortable around him.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Cut scenes huh , start releasing these on eshop for wii u and we are good !

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Wait a second--we have a "mustache" tag? What? Why?!

Anyway, love the One Piece-y silly atmosphere.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

With all the magic (as in magician) props in the background I have to presume it will be a topic in one of the cases....I have seen those props emphasized in some other promotional material about this new release as well.