Video: Blacksmith Forges Link's Master Sword

Posted by Andy Green

He had some spare pots that needed smashing...

The video gaming world has plenty of famous blades wielded by many great heroes, but none can match the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda.

Though just a fictional sword, there are rumours the beautiful blade exists in the real world. One thing is for sure though, a professional blacksmith has forged a perfect replica of Link's weapon of choice and has made a video documenting the whole process.

Tony Swatton of AWE me's Man at Arms series is the man behind the feat and he even uses the sword to smash some pots and bottles once he's finished it, although we can't say we condone the wasting of red, green and blue potions...

Check out the full video below and let us know your thoughts in the comment section.

[via youtube.com, geekologie.com]

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

This is the same guy who made that Diamond Sword from Minecraft. I like this sword, he actually knows what he's making. It's looks really nice. You can't complain this, except for the fact that this sword isn't too over-powered and could destroy anything in it's path within a few swipes.

Volmun

Volmun said:

iv seen several of his vid's before -his FF7 Clode Strife Buster sward is hilarious- im impressed by practically all his work tbh

King47

King47 said:

How much would I have to pay to get that thing? I'm fine with an arm, all I need is one to hold it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

This is the sort of thing that is worth having (Not a junk statue like Capcom are making for Megaman).

A Scottish guy did one.

I think I would like a Masamune and Muramasa don't think the skill exists anymore though.

RR529

RR529 said:

I love this guy's videos. What makes these so awesome is that he makes them to be practical.

My favorite has to be his Kingdom Key, although this is a close second.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

it looks decent but the handle of the sword could of been better or a different tone of color >.>

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

It has not even been tempered. Or blessed.

(The strongest it has ever been is the golden version in a link to the past).

They should allow it to get upgraded again that was great.

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

Hey, this is the first time I've seen the news before it hits the website! I watched this about a week ago. Pretty neat stuff.