The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Dated for Europe

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Mark 4th October on the calendars

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will scratch two distinct itches this October for Zelda fans, depending on past history. For some it may be a chance to enjoy the GameCube title once again, but with shiny HD visuals, new controls and some neat features, while for some it'll be a first opportunity to tackle the attractive cel-shaded adventure.

We can expect to hear a lot more about it in the next two months, as it's been slated for October for a good amount of time. While today's North American Nintendo Direct still simply listed it for October, the European equivalent got more specific in confirming a release in the region on 4th October — as is always the case with Nintendo titles nowadays, that's the day it hits stores and the Wii U eShop.

So there you have it, and we wouldn't rule out the North American release being very close to the European date. In any case, it gets ever closer, so below is a recent video uploaded by Nintendo UK, with some MCM London Comic Con 2013 attendees stating what they're looking forward to with this title.

Emblem

Emblem said:

October the 4th eh? Only gives me a week or so until Pokemon X & Y...

Challenge accepted :) .

Snakellama

Snakellama said:

I hope it come out the same day in NA. I don't see why it wouldn't. I am still confused by Pikmin 3 not coming out at the same time in PAL and NA.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Mahe - Also no news about, Wii Party U, SM3DW or DK:TF. The whole thing was kind of a waste and they could have just released Youtube videos like every other game company does.

@Snakellama - And W101 is coming out 3 weeks later in the US.

Maybe they are doing it to get twice the media coverage?

And speaking of media coverage I saw not 1 but TWO Nintendo commercials before my movie in the theater this morning - Dream Team and Pikmin 3. And the whole pre-show was sponsored by Sony buy nary a Vita or PS3/4 ad.

Still undecided on this but I'll watch my kids play it, looks nice. And fast boating is definitely a plus. Wii U line-up is looking really good this fall, now they just need people to buy a Wii U so they'll buy the games. A bundle announcement during today's ND would have been nice.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@rjejr
Are you in the US? I'm pleased to hear Nintendo was advertising Wii U games in theaters. I always thought that was a wise place for them to advertise, considering people in a theater are a demographic willing to spend money on media entertainment.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@JaxonH - I'm in New York, on Long Island. It was a $1 showing so I don't know how much money people would be willing to spend but the theater was packed w/ campers - Journey 2: Mysterious Island. The Dream Team commercial was really funny, and my kids and I said they needed a Pikmin 3 commercial, and a couple of minutes later there it was.

Luigi ad:

Frapp

Frapp said:

I'll be all over this like a cheap coat. Still think it's the best console game I've played.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

For me that only means that there are many games coming and more nintendo directs coming as those games near release,building more hype. Not a waste if you ask me

Idolo

Idolo said:

I can't wait to pick this up in October!
My version of Wind Waker is faulty sadly. I remember playing it all the way to the end boss fight only for the game to crash during the end video :(
I will finally be able to play it all the way through without having to youtube the ending sequence!

Shambo

Shambo said:

@AhabSpampurse I have both DS games' collector's guides, for collection's sake. They're just gorgeous, and have never been used, only read after finishing both games.

Stark_Nebula

Stark_Nebula said:

@Thomas_Whitehead "confirming a release in the region on '4th October'" - 4th is in front of the month, it should be 'October 4th', no? If not, 'the 4th of October.'

I can't wait to see (specifically) when it'll be out in North America! :)

Relias

Relias said:

Gosh.. I hopes it comes to the US around this time.. well in a way... My Body is Ready.. My Wallet is not.. D:

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

When I pre-ordered it at Gamestop two weeks ago, they had a street date of October 3rd.

I live in the States, btw.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

After watching the Nintendo Direct on my Wii U GamePad last night I'm even more excited for Wind Waker HD :D It looked so beautiful on the GamePad! I can't wait to play through it all over again :D

skjia

skjia said:

@SkywardCrowbar I'm pretty sure the earliest we'll see it is Oct 6th, since Nintendo releases it's games on Sundays in the states. I hope it's not later than that.

DePapier

DePapier said:

I'm still dreaming they'll make an update with orchestral songs once they announce Zelda U, just to attract old Gamecube gamers like me who already enjoyed the game a long time ago.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

Wow! On my wife's birthday!!! I think I'll buy it for her as a birthday present... and have my name engraved on it... and the holes drilled for my fingers...

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

i was watching that Nintendo Direct and as soon as they announced the release date for this game i went and Pre-Ordered it, i love this game on the Gamecube and am really looking forward to this HD remixed version

(on a personal note i think Wind Waker is the best in the 3D series if not the best overall and is highly under rated because of it's art style)

C7_

C7_ said:

So uh.
Any information on the price that isn't just a store placeholder?
Because my purchase doesn't rely on when it's released, but at what cost a game made HD in the team's spare time comes to me.

MegaManEP3

MegaManEP3 said:

I still say that this game bundled with the Deluxe system for $299.99 would be a very smart move for Nintendo for the holidays.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@justagameguy
Haha thanks. I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it but I guess they did. She's not much of a game fan. This is the only console Zelda I've never played (with the exception of 4swords) but not for any reason other than I simply hadn't ever picked it up. I can't wait!