The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour Dated For North America

Posted by Orla Madden

Christmas is looking expensive

Nintendo of America has announced release dates for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Party: Island Tour; both will arrive across North America on 22nd of November, just in time for the Holiday season. The latest update from Nintendo of Europe simply states November for both titles.

Link's upcoming adventure a follow-up to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, one of the all time classic Super NES titles. It'll follow the same top-down gameplay similar to its predecessor, and will take place in the same world as as the 16-bit adventure. Link will be able to switch back and forth between his own world and the "dark" world; he'll also be able to transform into a 2D paper version of himself to advance through the game.

Mario Party: Island Tour is set to feature the wild and wacky mini-games we've all grown to love and enjoy in the Mario Party series, and we're sure this upcoming entry isn't any different. Complete with seven boards, 81 new mini-games - some of which will utilize the AR feature on the 3DS - and StreetPass, it's sure to get the party started over the Christmas period.

Both games will retail at $39.99 in the U.S.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

With all this Nintendo news and surprises, I'm shock that there not a Nintendo direct for it.

Anyways both are on my holiday wish list now.

MrMario02

MrMario02 said:

This is the first time nintendo has mentioned Mario party 3DS since The nintendo direct.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I hope it is harder than the original link to the past. (I played Links Awakening first and got all the seashells which was a reasonable amount of difficulty).

I finished a link to the past the first day I got it. (Christmas Day).

Goginho

Goginho said:

I don't care what difficulty Between Worlds is, I just hope (as I'm expecting) it to be fun :)
Obviously it's going to have a significant amount of difficulty.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Just ALBW for me! It looks awesome from what I've seen. I'll wait and see how Mario Party: Island Tour does with reviews, but I got bored with MP9 pretty quick.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@ultraraichu Seriously, I would have loved a Nintendo Direct! Nothing better than getting the news as it happens. I hate waking up to see everything already revealed.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ultraraichu @DerpSandwich - It makes no sense. That last ND about a month ago had almost no "news" whatsoever, just some youtube trailers, and today is busting out all over. It's a crazy insane day when a 3DS Zelda game release date news has barely any comments on it.

astros75

astros75 said:

Man, Nintendo is on a roll! This is gonna be one heck of a Nintendo Christmas

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm getting both games. Looks like it's going to be the strongest Nintendo Christmas in a while.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Is it just me or does Mario Party belong on a console and not 3ds?! Does it have online? Cus if it does and acts like AC:NL and one person disconnects the whole game resets then its a horrible way to play a game. Even if one dc happens that would suck!

As for Zelda I can't wait to play it. Going back to its roots is so much better then continuing those average to ol ds offerings!

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

November 22nd is going to take a huge chunk out of my wallet, Zelda, Mario Party, and Mario 3D world all in one day, wow

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

Yay! I'm so glad Mario Party is coming out this year! Wow there are way too many good games coming out September-December.

I am also shocked that Nintendo didn't do this via a Nintendo Direct... If they want people to watch them then they need to put this sort of news in them. Not like the one from a few weeks ago that didn't really say anything. So backwards.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

November 22 is my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHO!!!!!!! I'll be grabbing Zelda with my birthday cash!!

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro said:

@Unrandomsam

Absolutely calling BS on this! Unless, of course, you aren't referring to the original and you mean something along the lines of "Your first time playing it was one of it's rereleases and anytime you got stuck you jumped on the internet for the answer"

Granted, we were 9-10 when it first came out, but I used to have sleepover parties with 4-5 kids and we'd all put our minds together to get through the game and it still took weeks. That is, admittedly, because there were maybe 2 or 3 times where we literally spent days trying to figure out what to do next. And there was no internet. If you couldn't figure it out, you didn't move on.

It's nowhere near the difficulty of the first 2, and less difficult than Link's Awakening after it, but it struck the perfect balance of fair difficulty.

Are you telling me in one day, you managed to find the book of mudora and know to bring it to the desert palace to open it, find the flippers, find all 3 medallions, figure out where to dig up the flute (trying to think of the parts that weren't marked on your map for you), beat 12 dungeons including the castle, etc.? Just the way the overworld map was created threw a wrench into getting around sometimes. I remember specifically in the dark world, to the right of the castle, there's this obscure little area you have to hookshot across and man, did it take us a while to figure that one out. I also vaguely remembering being incredibly relieved to get inside the Ice Palace because there was some difficulty with that.

Ah, the memories on this game.. Kids, LBW is for us, the grownups who grew up with this beautiful series. We developed a crush on her with LOZ, second guessed if she was really that pretty when AOL rolled around, and then realize we had indeed met out soulmate when Lttp popped up :)

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

In the same news, the 3DS is still going to be fantastic and the Wii U still isn't going to have games (that appeal to the hard core and actually make a difference in sales).