Stardust Amazoness Is The New RPG In Development By Arc System Works

Posted by Orla Madden

Females only

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine reveals developer Arc System Works — best known for the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series of fighting games — has a new game in development for the 3DS: Stardust Amazoness. The RPG is set for release in Japan on 14th November this year.

Players are thrown into Prison Planet, an asylum in which the game takes place, and are given the task of escaping. The title will feature an all-female cast of characters, and development is currently 70% complete.

Japanese illustrator and artist Miyama Zero is behind character design, while Asuza Tadokoro, who plays one of the female ninjas, will sing the game's theme song, 'Kiseki'.

Relatively little is known about the game at the moment, but we'll have more as it arrives.

[via ameblo.jp, gematsu.com]

Emblem

Emblem said:

70% complete with a mid November release? That's cutting it close.

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

please don't just be sex appeal please don't just be sex appeal please don't just be sex appeal

This game has the potential to be pretty good as long as it isn't "Boobs And Explosions: The RPG For Heterosexual Men And Nobody Else".

King47

King47 said:

@lividd3ad

I share your concern. But the image shows some promising characters. But the game might not make it west, so in a way it doesn't matter.

AVahne

AVahne said:

I want it. The more JRPGs for 3DS, the better. Especially since this looks like the kind that would usually appear on PSP or Vita instead.

ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254 said:

Arc Systems Works working on their first RPG game. Also Miyama-Zero is the illustrator for High School DxD which is having it's first game release onto the 3DS later this year in Japan.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

I like JRPGs... A lot.... but lividd3ad has a point this could be good or really bad. (and as a girl myself I have no interest in playing that kind of game) Right now though please just western release.

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

Western release, PLEASE. We've been buying the JRPGs you've been giving us. Just please give us this.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@lividd3ad Yeah, all girl cast and some of the clothing they are wearing doesn't bode well for the game. Looks like have will be a lot of sexuality as a selling point. Something I find offensive and a major turn off for me.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I like how we only have one screen shot and people are already jumping to conclusions based on a few character designs. Just because theres an all-female cast and typical anime inspired designs doesn't automatically make it an interactive adult novel.

I think its pretty cool theres going to be an all-female cast of characters, thats not something you see very often. The best I've ever seen is a focus on a large female cast. I hope this sees a western release.

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

All female?
Aww, guess I can't expect to see any hilarious hijinks between guys and girls.....
Oh well, hope it sells.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

loli rpg no.89898139789179 this gen. It's Arc System, so that should be good (since Guilty Gear and especially Blazblue are amazing), but as far as I'm aware they have no prior experience with JRPGs, so I'm not getting too excited.

fairybats

fairybats said:

@Darkness3131 Same here... plus the whole 'women in prison' thing is so cliche. But as long as it's fun with interesting characters, I'd give it a go