Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Bonus Edition Confirmed For North America and Europe

Posted by Andy Green

Sonic's having a NiGHTMARE

Yesterday we brought you the news of a special Wii U version of Sonic Lost World that contains content from the classic title NiGHTS into Dreams....

It was revealed in a UK trailer for the game but did not announce any other regions. Well, fear not, as SEGA has now confirmed the Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Bonus Edition will be made available in North America and the rest of Europe.

The new edition features a new level where Sonic must face a world of nightmares created by Wizeman. Within the world there are the Deadly Six, who are riding on massive monsters inspired from the game NiGHTS into Dreams….

Interestingly, the exclusive NiGHTMARE DLC can be accessed using a redeemable code when pre-ordering Sonic Lost World and there will be retail versions made that will likely sell out pretty quickly.

It's not clear if the content will be available to purchase for those who don't pre-order, though it's likely it will be.

The level can be played at any point in the game and when it's completed, a special Color Power, which apparently is usually only obtainable from Miiverse, is rewarded to the player.

Will you be pre-ordering Sonic Lost World to get hold of this additional content? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via blogs.sega.com]

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

I already have pre-ordered ... but store has no idea about this newly announced code/version.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

I'll need to switch my pre-order type. This is super exciting! I've bragged on this game for awhile now on this site, and I love that Sega thinks as highly of it as I do!

This is going to be a big hit for both Nintendo and Sega.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I am not preordering yet, so I may miss on this. 60 bucks is a lot to blow on a game I may not like.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I want the preorder bonus on the eShop. They get more money from digital sales anyway. But I guess they have to leave something for the retailers...

I am as hyped about this game as I am about first party titles coming this holiday. Maybe even more...and I normally don't buy Sonic games.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Wouldn't be too sure about it appearing as DLC for those who can't get it at launch. It's been almost two years since Sonic Generations and the Casino Night DLC is still nowhere to be seen on PS3 and 360.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I don't do preorders. I do plan to buy Sonic Lost World day one, though. Hopefully I'll be able to get access to this extra content anyway, either from the box or as DLC.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I wonder if its actual DLC or just unlocked? Seems odd to write Bonus on the box if you have to download it. Why not just put it in the game, enough w/ this nonsense.
Glad to see it officially confirmed for the US.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Had this pre-ordered since launch, unless for some reason it gets really bad reviews everywhere i'll be playing this on the 18th October.

Jaydenn

Jaydenn said:

@Emblem
Somehow, I can't see this getting bad reviews, at all. :D
This is probably the game that I've been the most hyped for, ever. Big shout, but true.

whatisyourforte

whatisyourforte said:

Awesome. At least we know this game will be content-packed now. Hopefully other developers will do the same for future WiiU games.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i dont understand is this dlc preorder bonus? it mentions a retail version is that going to be like the luigi dlc?

THE NUMBERS WHAT DO THEY MEAN :P

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

A Sonic the Hedgehog game that looks as good, if not better, than any given Mario I've seen in the last 15 years.

Um, of course this game is a pre order! Are you kidding me? Got both the Wii U AND the 3DS versions on standby through Amazon... Never seen $90 jump out of my wallet all on its own, well, until now that is

Henmii

Henmii said:

Okay, since it's dlc I guess "regular version" buyers can download it later! That's a bit of a relief, but hopefully it won't be to expensive!

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Looks insane! Why cant Nintendo create awesome backgrounds in Mario 3D World like im seeing here?!

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I'll probably get the bonus edition. I mean, if you're getting the game anyway why pass up the version with extra content?

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Sega confirmed it's going to be like All-Star Racing Transformed in that all first run copies will include the bonus content.

If you plan on getting the game at launch, you'll have the Deadly Six Edition.

MegaManEP3

MegaManEP3 said:

I think I'll take a little trip to GameStop after work and slap down $5 on this bad boy. I really enjoyed Sonic Colors and this one is looking even better.