Pikmin Bag Available to North American Club Nintendo Members

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Totes cool

What do Pikmin have in common with a bag? Put them both over your face and you can’t see anything, yes, but they also tote things!

The Pikmin Tote Bag, now offered to North American Club Nintendo members for 400 coins, is a semi-meta treat in that regard. Made of space age cotton-poly blend, this canvas bag can carry up to 20 pounds (9 kg) and measures 15”x13”x6”. A lineup of Pikmin silhouettes is featured across the front above the mantra: “Pikmin tote, attack, multiply, become snacks.”

NOTE: Please allow ample airflow when using the Pikmin Tote Bag to tote actual Pikmin. Do not tote heavy objects such as cantaloupes or bowling balls along with actual Pikmin. Calling upon actual Pikmin to tote your Pikmin Tote Bag is acceptable but rather silly.

Do you want to pick up a tote bag of your own? Let us know below.

[via club.nintendo.com]

NintendoFlow

NintendoFlow said:

I dont want a bag :( Hopefully something Pokemon related comes out around october i have yet to redeem any of my points for prizes

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

If only this was around before the coin reset... I would have gotten this instantly.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I got one of these hats and t-shirts today. Strangely it was at an Animal Crossing event, and they were being given out for beating times in Mario Kart 7!

Untitled

hydeks

hydeks said:

a freakin tote bag? god, these rewards really suck on NA Club Nintendo lately :P No thank you...

eddywyn

eddywyn said:

I would much rather have pikmin dolls than a tote bag, but beggars can't be choosers

UgliestSoup

UgliestSoup said:

There seems to be an abundance of carrying bags on Club Nintendo of America. Too much garbage instead of things we really want.

Katzii

Katzii said:

Well THIS SUCKS! Why does NOA get all the cool stuff like Pikmin tote bags, hats and t-shirts? That's PRETTY UNFAIR.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Happy_Mask: I'm just being honest, not rude. Considering I have over 1,800 coins right now, I ordered it for the heck of it. I'll end up giving it to my niece or something...

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@KnightRider666 Tote means carry, men can use it, hell even our own Ron DelVillano used one to carry his stuff, although I won't be using mine, I will put mine on the wall and might put someof my favorite game cases or something in it.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

lol the pic with the guys looks horrendous, but i can add it to my Star bag i got form Nintendo awhile back!

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@hydeks Agreed. I'm waiting to see how they "top" the shoelaces they have on offer.

Shoelaces. Europe and Japan get Nintendo Points Cards, soundtracks, and actual cool collectibles. We get towels, shoelaces, and a tote bag. :(

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@Katzii We have only one very bland t-shirt (it just has Super Mario Bros sprites on it) and no hats.

You, meanwhile, can get Pikmin keyrings (these would make a cool collectible to display, unlike a tote bag. if they were available in North America I would get them). You can also get Nintendo Points cards so you can go buy any game you want from the Wii or DSi shops, whereas we only get access to a very small number of games that they pick each month. You also have other cool stuff like Super Mario Galaxy soundtracks where we have shoelaces and a pen case.

I honestly can't decide if you're trolling or just completely unaware of how much better the NoE Club Nintendo rewards are.

Funbunz

Funbunz said:

Tote bag? Ugh. I don't think they've had anything I wanted since the golden nunchuck last summer. That was an awesome item!

oninowon

oninowon said:

I was excited to see a new if temporary item on the Club Nintendo site. I promptly ordered one since I do need one but don't feel like forking over actual money to obtain one. I'll use mine to carry boardgames over to friend's house.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

The 1-up tote bag they had is nice, I bought it before my coins expired a while back and I like it. Don't want to waste my coins on yet another one though,

gblock

gblock said:

so they must have had a bunch of these left over from Japan's Platinum reward stash last year....

allav866

allav866 said:

Darn it, NA Club Nintendo, you're rewards used to be much better than this. Glad I got the G&W Collections before they were removed, but they removed the Hanafuda cards, which was my next target.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

just saw this on CN and come on a bag? :| this is something i would get for a female the keychains looks nice though so eh i will pass i guess i need like 65 more coins anyway xD that white t-shirt with the pikmin would of been rly nice instead

wth that guy in the example pic looks like a idiot btw wearing the bag o.O

dch75

dch75 said:

I would only get the tote if it had all the Pikmin. Wish I could get the earrings of plushies.

Platypus101

Platypus101 said:

@SMEXIZELDAMAN @manu0 doode! 20 pounds is quite hefty! My day job requires carrying items that weigh 18.2 pounds each... And trust me, you don't want that weight on your shoulders for any significant amount of time :P seriously.

Platypus101

Platypus101 said:

@hydeks c'mon... It's FREE! So you don't like it, don't get it... But like so many people in the world, you could always use this to burn your expiring coins, wait a few months, then post on eBay! Bam! No overhead, it's all profit baby ;)

Platypus101

Platypus101 said:

@KnightRider666 yeah... Definitely for women, at least in my neck of the woods. At school, college recruiters hand out (nice) tote bags (not like the ones offered here... Eek, not bad mouthing, but the college bags are really nice), and I see guys just hand their totes over to their girlfriends without hesitation... Also, my wife saw this tote (sleepy-eyed mind you, asking what it was, I mentioned "tote", she mumbled something about needing another "purse") and now I'm down 400 coins :D

hydeks

hydeks said:

@Platypus101 I think that would work better for my mario hat shaped 3ds case, the platinum pin collection, platinum cards got last year, and the 3ds game case 18, tote bag just doesn't seem worth anything to alot of people lol Yay, I seen people sell stuff online, but I like collecting these lil things cause their pretty cool Nintendo stuff. I'm been spending most my coins on VC games they throw up there, usually there not too bad :)

@KnightRider666 I want my coins to be able to turn to eShop money, I think that would be awesome! And I agree with you, I wouldn't be caught dead using a tote bag, men don't like caring around stuff in oversized purse bags lol I wouldn't even use this to bring my Wii U over to a friends house to play games :P

oninowon

oninowon said:

@Pinkie
You're not alone.

Personally, while the key chain is nice, I would have chosen the tote bag due to it being more useful to me and my wife.

Animalcrosser7

Animalcrosser7 said:

I really like pikmin and i always been hoping for a pikmin reward to show up but we did but compare to europe they get plushies and idk where but there pikmin keychains and all we get is a tote bag...i mean like i would get it but i only have 160 coins and i was thinking about savin up if the basket returned or get an animal crossing reward but when it comes to pikmin im getting it!!!!

Animalcrosser7

Animalcrosser7 said:

@oninowon im getting it because i missed out on the other tote bag before it dicontinued :( and i was lazy to get it and i didnt knew it was gonna leave and after that 75% of the rewards disapear and so far there are barley any rewards!!!

Animalcrosser7

Animalcrosser7 said:

@Undead_terror when i found out these were platinum rewards in japan iwas jealous and now that it to north america im happy but still jealous of the other club nintendo that has the plushies and key chains