Out Now: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Awakens in North America

Posted by Tim Latshaw

There's also a demo available in the eShop

North American fans who’ve been dreaming of dreaming with Luigi have no longer to wait, as Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has now been incepted into their lives.

Both retail and eShop copies of the newest game in the portable action-RPG series are priced at $39.99. If you’re still sitting on the fence about it, counting the sheep jumping by, then don’t fret: a demo is now available in the eShop as well.

If you're considering downloading it from the eShop you'll need 6,789 blocks of spare SD card memory, which is just under 0.83 GB in real terms.

Our own Mario & Luigi: Dream Team review had many good things to say about the game and European players have had nearly a month to dive in.

Are you planning on buying? If you’ve already played it, what are your thoughts? Let us know in the comment section below.

swordx

swordx said:

If I didn't collect games, I'd use my Shin Megami Tensei/FE:A money on this...oh well, I suppose the DLC awaits me!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Yay a demo! I never would have thought this game would get one, awesome! Too bad my 3DS screen is still cracked and barely visible. :(

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Thanks for the heads up about the demo.

I got confused that the demo was 6,789 blocks, since that info is put exactly after mentioning the demo. So I swapped SD cards for nothing. The demo is only 1,010 or so blocks.

If I like the game, I will get it physical along with Pikmin 3.

Arianabtd

Arianabtd said:

I really want this game, but sadly I have no money right now >_<.
I'll be playing the demo though~

eddywyn

eddywyn said:

Really wish I had the money... Kinda regret buying smt 4 since I hardly play it

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I was very curious about this game, because I never played a Mario & Luigi RPG before. Sad to say, but my enthusiasm has kind of died off with the delay. I may still get it at some point, but right now I'm playing other games (and expecting others still).

This is to show that Nintendo really needs global release dates - at the very least, a similar date for Europe and the Americas.

MaximusMansteel

MaximusMansteel said:

@ricklongo
I was the same way, had never played any Mario rpgs. This game looked interesting so I wanted to get a feel for what it was like.

So I bought Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I'm over twenty hours into it now and have loved nearly every second of it. Its just a fantastic game. So, following this experience, I've made Dream Team a day one purchase for me.

TheLilK98

TheLilK98 said:

I loved Bowser's inside story, and Partners in Time, but 'm holding out for Wonderful 101 and I just bought a new headset so I don't think I'll be able to get it now.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Hang on, how come - aside from the release date - Europe hasn't gotten a demo for the game? It's not fair, I'd like to get to try this gem before actually purchasing it.

Oh well, DKCR3D is gonna keep me busy for a while. Seriously, "Easy mode" aside, that game is HARD.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Picked it up today, along with a Black 3DS XL (which was a total spur of the moment buy lol). I can't decided whether to wait until I finish SMTIV or just dive in...

3DSAllDay

3DSAllDay said:

And the game took so long to come to America....WHY???
Oh well at least it will be awesome.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

As I promised, ordered from Amazon together with Pikmin 3. Demo was fun and varied.

blesslife

blesslife said:

i been playing over a week of this on my japan luigi 3ds exclusive bundle and love it !

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I got it today. It has a serious shot at being my 3DS game of the year already. The art style looks fantastic, the music is catchy, and Luigi is as charming as ever.

Pachterkid

Pachterkid said:

Looking forward to trying the demo, but I doubt I'll ever actually buy this game. Still, it's great that Nintendo is putting the demo out there.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I only played the first Mario & Luigi game, back when it came out, and I loved it. I'll definitely get this, but only after I get around to getting and playing the second and third ones. So much awesome game awaits me! :)

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@3DSAllDay
As usual, checking the release dates for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario RPG shows that Europe in general tends to get games way later than other regions.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Does anyone know if there was supposed to be a Gamestop preorder bonus for this here in NA? I picked up my reserved copy from my local GameStop but they said they hadn't heard of any bonus for it. Just wanted to make sure just in case they were trying to jip me.

Mario-Kirby

Mario-Kirby said:

I have played the other 3 games in the series and loved all of them. I can't wait to get this one! It is, for me, a MUST HAVE!!!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Buy it, Americans! It's one of the best Mario and Luigi games to date! Better then Bowser's inside story!!

And it's probably also the longest!

tre

tre said:

Got mine today from Toys R Us. Buy Dream Team $39.99 and get any $19.99 game for only 0.99.
Last day for this promotion is Aug 17th!!!

golephish

golephish said:

Playing it now. I like it so far. only level 3. I was going to wait for physical but decided to get the digital download.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Got this game just today on my way back from a camp. Playing it right now, and it's great so far. I'm surprised they finally decided to release a demo for the game now of all times, but better late than never.

@Mario-Kirby Here here! They've all been great to me as well. Got every one physical, and now adding this one to the collection is a dream come true. ;)

Retrowire

Retrowire said:

The demo is awesome. I just played the full thing and the music is wonderful, the art direction is beautiful. It's definitely another major hit for the 3DS. Come on Nintendo, direct all this talent towards the Wii U a little bit!

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

@dumedum That's true I suppose. I guess I'm talking more about my own view on it, since I wouldn't bother with a demo (Especially for a game like this) when the full game comes out at the same time. Make no mistake, it's great for those who are interested that have never played one of the past games before or are iffy about the game to try the demo and buy it right after straight away. I would have just preferred it to be earlier so I could have gotten a taste of things to come. A game can build hype that way before release too.

rlopez1996

rlopez1996 said:

Birthday today upgraded to an xl and moved all my downloads and got this I LOVE MY PARENTS