Mega Kangaskhan Revealed for Pokémon X & Y, Crowd Goes Wild

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Pokémon World Champions crowned in Vancouver

Update:

A new official trailer shows the previously confirmed Mega Evolutions in a fairly flashy way, with the exception of Mega Kangaskhan, which you can see in the original article below.

Original Article:

For those unaware, the Pokémon World Championships have taken place in Vancouver, with six Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game World Champions crowned; it was the 10th Anniversary for the tournament, with competitors from over 25 countries taking part. The event was also used to build excitement for Pokémon X & Y, with the game's Director Junichi Masuda revealing a new Mega Evolution — the new feature that caused quite a stir when announced — Mega Kangaskhan.

This new evolution makes use of Kangaskhan's offspring, which allows the 'mon to attack twice. As you can see in the video below, those in attendance at the World Championships were rather excited by the reveal.

But what about the competition itself? Six winners all received a special trophy, a trip to next year’s World Championships in Washington DC and scholarship money; the champions are below.

• 2013 Pokémon TCG Junior Division World Champion, Ondrej Kujal from Czech Republic.
  • 2013 Pokémon Video Game Junior Division World Champion, Brendan Zheng from United States.
  • 2013 Pokémon TCG Senior Division World Champion, Kaiwen Cabbabe from Australia.
  • 2013 Pokémon Video Game Senior Division World Champion, Hayden McTavish from United States.
  • 2013 Pokémon TCG Masters Division World Champion, Jason Klaczynski from United States.
  • 2013 Pokémon Video Game Masters Division World Champion, Arash Ommati from Italy.

Congratulations to the winners, and let us know what you think of Mega Kangaskhan in the comments below.

[via destructoid.com]

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

As someone who hasn't played Pokemon since Gen III, this is getting more and more confusing with every article.

grumbles about newfangled things

Still have Y on pre-order, though it may hurt my feelings when my younger siblings own me and call me a noob.

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

I'm excited they're finally acknowledging that little guy. But I was hoping regular Kangaskhan would look a little powered-up like the other Megas.

Volmun

Volmun said:

about time the babe left its poutch lol - iv got X on pre-order with game and suld be getting the minne Pokeball game case.

Lan

Lan said:

That's pretty awesome. That's gonna really change the metagame's landscape.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Do they learn the kamehameha wave when they mega up?

2 months from now Animal Crossing sales may actually start to diminish ;-)

3DSAllDay

3DSAllDay said:

Wow I am not going to understand anything in this sense I stopped playing some of the gen 5 games.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Gen 6 is getting crazier by the day... Mega Kangaskhan will be Uber for sure, along with most of the mega evolutions. They even might need to make Uber+ for Mega Mewtwo.

Gioku

Gioku said:

The baby is out of the pouch. I repeat: the baby is out of the pouch. Everyone remain calm.

KilluaZoldyck

KilluaZoldyck said:

Gamefreak is messing with the metagame and that being said i am super hyped. Especially for the worldwide release because now everyone and everything online will be chaos! Well at least for a few weeks.

Doma

Doma said:

I wanna see a mega Dugtrio next. Its new form will just be 10 regular Digletts, which can all attack individually.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

I suppose this is a different ability like the ability swaps on the other Mega Pokemon. Have they mentioned yet if the Mega forms will have different stats and attacks?

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@Bulby Mega Kangy is not going to be uber, she's pretty slow and the rest of her stats are not very high.
...Unless her stats are increased.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

I love Absol but Mega Absol looks... like it has wings... which is cool I guess o_o.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cubone as Kangaskhan child therory.

JVilla

JVilla said:

I love the mega evolution concept. But I'm hoping they don't release less new pokemon because of it. :/ this game is going to be amazing either way!

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

I still yearn for Kangaskid to become an official Baby Pokémon in its own merit, but at least she's finally being given a chance to shine as a battle partner with her mum. :)