Jam With the Band 3DS Title in Development By Intelligent Systems

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Its most recent 3DS game was Fire Emblem: Awakening, just sayin'

Some European DS owners may be fans of Jam With the Band, a colourful music game published by Nintendo that incorporates performing and composing in some rather fun ways; it was never released in North America, unfortunately.

Nintendo has now uploaded a teaser site for a new title in the franchise; it's coming to the 3DS, is being developed by Intelligent Systems (known recently for Fire Emblem: Awakening, in particular) and will feature Vocaloid, synthesizer software that can be used to manipulate the sound of the singing voice. Called Band Bros. P — the original was Daigasso Band Bros. in Japan — it'll reportedly allow you to take a picture with the 3DS inward camera, record singing on the system's mic and then use Vocaloid to play with the results.

At this stage the teaser site is only in Japanese, though it does list a 2013 release. Would you be interested in seeing this one in the West?

[via siliconera.com]

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I never did get Jam with d Band,as I could never find it,but if a sequel is comming I'll deffo get it.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I had no idea this got released in Europe. I imported Band Bros when it was released in Japan and loved it. I'm going to have to go find a copy of Jam with the Band now :D

TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth said:

Woo! The only series I've ever really cared about imports on. And thanks to recent innovations, something I might even get to poke around with! :D

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Huh, I was just thinking about Intelligent Systems. Not sure if this game's my thing though, we'll see.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I've seen the first one countless times for less than 10€ but it never cought my eye, I prefer Elite Beat Agents.

I guess this means no Advance Wars in the near future. Too bad.

Taya

Taya said:

I imported Band Bros in the early days of the DS. I'd love to see the sequel localized (not likely to happen though).

Bali

Bali said:

I have the DS version, it's a lot of fun (the music editor is awesome), i hope the sequel will be just as good.

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

YES!! Loved playing the JP original and playing the theme from FMA over and over.

MathRaph

MathRaph said:

I would love this to come to europe. Seems like a perfect fit for the eShop.
The Vocaloid feature should be a ton of fun.

bahooney

bahooney said:

@Zach777 Yep!

Anyway, always wished the original on GBA had come state-side, ever since I read a brief preview in Nintendo Power. ini

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

This is one of the few games I've ever imported. Man, you UK DS owners had chunky game boxes! Still a cool, unique take on music games that ratchets up into quite complex arrangements... would love to try a local group "jam" sometime where each person takes on a different instrument. Hopefully eShop makes an overseas release more likely.

Actually one of my favorite parts of the game is the Radio function. Would pop open the system and listen to songs and DJ Bat... who needs Spotify, hmm?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@AlexSora89 Just compared 'em, and US DS boxes seem to be about a centimeter thinner, though I'm eyeballing it. I'm sure there's official stats somewhere. Anyway, not a big difference, but I definitely noticed it when I opened the envelope and saw the Jam with the Band box.

thesilverbrick

thesilverbrick said:

After reading this article I ran to ebay and imported a European copy of the DS version. Thank goodness past Nintendo handhelds are region-free.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

So that means no Advance Wars is in development? They've busy with SMT X FE too...

RR529

RR529 said:

I remember seeing this during the Nintendo Direct we had a few weeks ago (the Japanese version, of course).

In the trailer, they imported Iwata's face into the game, and had him sing, lol.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I wish Nintendo would let Intell. Sys. get on with another Advance Wars game... we're over due.. It would rock in 3d layering.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

Also, I wish Nintendo would hire a proper vocal rep and stop using Iowata, since few can understand what he saying anyway. Let him practical his English on his own dime.

eza

eza said:

yes yes yes! a thousand times yes! back in the good old region-free days of the DS, I picked up the first one, the song expansion pack, and the second one.
I still play them regularly because they're such great games. multiplayer is hilarious!
almost tempted to import a Japanese 3DS for this, but will probably wait for the inevitable hardware refresh and get a Japanese 3DS lite / 3DSi

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

omg yes a third game! I played the first, and imported the second game (playing a bunch of songs from anime is awesome, though the fact that I can't delete downloaded songs means I need to get another copy soon to expand my playlist, which I'm perfectly fine with doing). hopefully it will come here, but it looks like to experience the songs I love i'll need to invest in a japanese 3ds