Gory Detail Officially Given 3DS Developer Status

Posted by Andy Green

Rusty Pup has already been confirmed for the platform

A couple of months ago we exclusively revealed former Rare staffer Chris Seavor's studio Gory Detail will be bringing The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup to the Wii U and 3DS and it seems the handheld version is well and truly set in stone now as the company has announced it is an officially recognised 3DS developer.

Naturally, this could mean the studio has more than just Rusty Pup up its sleeve for the 3DS and we are very much looking forward to seeing what else it conjures up in the future.

Gory Detail made the announcement using its Twitter account:

Are you looking forward to Rusty Pup and Gory Detail's other titles? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Awesome news! Rusty Pup seems like it's gonna be a pretty memorable game, and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Anyone connected to former Rare members gets my attention! Definitly have my eye on this and anything else they announce!

left4breadFTW

left4breadFTW said:

I like the name gory detail, hope that means some scary/horror games for the 3DS and/or Wii U

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Spoony_Tech Are you interested in stuff like the PC Crysis games ? (That is where a fair few of them are). Personally I am not interested in that at all regardless of what they did in the past.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

The reveal tells me pretty much nothing about the game other than they think the story is important. (For me to care about a story it has to be as good as Chrono Trigger / Final Fantasy VI (Or almost there) and they hardly ever seem to be these days).

Which for me I think is not a good thing the game should be good regardless of anything else on its own. Stuff like stuff flashing showing you how to play the game or tons of unnecessary cut scenes and dialog completely ruins platformers for me (So does anything that kills the speed and or flow of the game).

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@unrandomsam Well it depends on if they are leading projects or just following the company's projects. If leading and making their own games then yes I'm interested!

Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw said:

I'm really interested in this. Who says platformers have to have shallow stories? I'm happy that story is going to be important to them.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Great! I know nothing of the game yet, but I'm excited by the earlier artwork and promises.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Spoony_Tech As far as I know they are the main driving force behind the companies projects. (As in most of what the company is doing is what they want to be doing).

PikminWorld

PikminWorld said:

Sounds like an interesting game and nice to see people who worked for Rare make games for Nintendo as official developers. I wonder if they'll eventually start making games for the Wii U too?