Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 has been available in North America for over a year now and has yet to emerge in Europe. UK-based publisher Ghostlight has the rights to release the DS game, however, the European market is a bit tricky these days and it would be taking a gamble to manufacture the game and get it to retailers, especially considering the DS doesn't get a lot of shelf space these days.
In order to reduce the risk, Ghostlight has opened pre-orders exclusively on its website and needs to receive 1,800 in order for it break even. Should it fail to meet that quota Devil Survivor 2 will remain unreleased.
There are two options for those looking to reserve a copy, one includes the standalone release of Devil Survivor 2, while the other includes 3DS title Devil Survivor Overclocked with a £10 discount. The two options are detailed below.
Option 1: Standalone Release
- Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
- This factory sealed edition will be available to all PAL territories and those pre-ordering from the site will have the option to include their name in the manual.
- Pre-ordered units will feature a special gold coloured Devil Survivor logo on the inlay.
- Pre-Order price £24.99/€29.99 (excluding postage and packaging).
Option 2: Devil Survivor Bundle
- Devil Survivor 2 (DS) and Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) with £10/ €10 discount.
- Both games will be factory sealed and as with Option 1, anyone pre-ordering the bundle will have the option to include their name in the manual.
- Pre-Order price £49.98/€59.98 (excluding postage and packaging).
- The bundle cannot be shipped to Germany due to an existing distribution agreement.
Pre-orders for Devil Survivor 2 will close on Friday 30th August, so Ghostlight has until then to achieve its 1,800 target between these two offers. Should it reach the goal then the publisher expects it to be released by the end of September. Should it not meet the quota, then everyone who ordered Devil Survivor 2 will receive a full refund, while people who ordered the bundle will have the option to receive Devil Survivor Overclocked with the £10/€10 discount.
There is the possibility that the 3DS remake of Devil Survivor 2 - which is to be released in Japan - will later emerge in the West, but Ghostlight believes there is enough demand to release the DS version now.
Will you be pre-ordering a copy? Let us know in the comment section below.