Firefly Revealed in New Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer

Posted by Andy Green

Robin, hand me the fly repellent Bat Spray!

Anyone following the official Batman: Arkham Origins Twitter account will have noticed Warner Bros. Montreal has been teasing several images and promising a big reveal at Gamescom.

The close up screenshots seemed to suggest Firefly would be making an appearance in the upcoming game and the studio has now confirmed in its latest Batman: Arkham Origins trailer the villain will indeed be involved.

Batman will certainly have his hands full in this one, with several baddies out to get him. Black Mask, the Joker and a female version of Copperhead all feature in the trailer too, as does the Caped Crusader's main ally Jim Gordon, who's looking very young in this iteration.

It's set to swoop on the scene on 25th October in all regions on Wii U. A specific edition is also being developed for the 3DS called Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - you can read our first impressions on that particular title here.

Check out the big reveal in the trailer below and let us know how you think the game is shaping up in the comment section.

[via youtube.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

I hope they mention the Wii U, it didnt get a lot of coverage in EAs presentation. Then again, neither didany Sony systems. Stupid EA.

KingofSaiyans

KingofSaiyans said:

As much as I'd like to buy this game, I'm gonna have to pass because of the lack of multiplayer for the Wii U version. Hopefully WB patches that.

steamhare

steamhare said:

Anybody else think of the wrong Firefly for half a second? (Until I read the word "batman")

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

got this preo-ordered off Amazon with the $20 off deal they're currenlty running, ($50, +$10 amazon credit with pre-order). Not interested in the MP, personally. And FireFly addition looks fantastic.

Scarkaiser

Scarkaiser said:

Ordered mine for Wii U, as well. Considering my only other console is a 360, I'd have to pay M$ more money just to be able to play multiplayer, so....

Who cares. I'd rather have the cheaper version that is minus MP.

EDIT:

Another thing is, EVERY game that comes out nowadays has some multiplayer component to it. I don't understand why companies even waste their time and money. These games usually get played online for maybe 2-3 months before the community winds up dead. Why not just focus on a great single player experience?

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I'm buying it off of Amazon when the price drops. I'm not paying full price for half a game.

Still excited, though. Love Batman. This game looks like it's shaping up to be awesome. Just please, please optimize it properly this time, guys.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

The removal of multiplayer doesn't really change much as this is clearly meant to be a single player game. It's gonna be great!

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Wow, that trailer got me more hyped, which seems impossible. :P

I wasn't a big fan of everybody just talking to you over radio in AC. So I like that the story will be more involving; like Batman conversing with Alfred over why he does what he does, and not seeing eye-to-eye, it would seem.

Can't wait for October! This and Lost World will be a double dose of awesome releases! :D

Cohort

Cohort said:

I'm really not bothered about multiplayer for this game to be honest, not every game needs it. I'm not too fussed about the price either as 360/PS3 owners have to pay extra for online features anyway. The gamepad features more than make up for that for me..

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Ecto-1 - I know EA isn't involved with Batman. I said I hoped WB would mention the Wii U when talking about Batman b/c EA didn't mention the WiiU at all during their presentation. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Gameday

Gameday said:

this game looks so tight. but we are back at square one when the game loses features like the wii days... i never played either batman game but when you see stuff like this you get hyped and then you hear the bad news too..