Cloudberry Kingdom Will Have Online Leaderboards Soon

Posted by Andy Green

Pwnee Studios is working on a patch

Cloudberry Kingdom precipitated into the Wii U eShop a few days ago and has seen many a gamer rack up insanely high scores. However, those who did download it have found something missing - the promised online leaderboards are nowhere to be found.

A few people got in touch with the developer Pwnee Studios about the issue directly on Twitter and thankfully the response confirmed the Wii U edition will be receiving a patch to install the leaderboards soon.

We're definitely going to be patching in online leaderboards soon. Better yet, all of your scores will auto-update to it!

It's good to know a patch is incoming and even better to find out all that effort reaching those high scores will not have been in vain.

Cloudberry Kingdom is unique in that it has an infinite number of levels to play through. The platformer was designed with a random level generator meaning no two attempts are the same.

Have you been playing through Cloudberry Kingdom? What are your thoughts on it? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

deusy

deusy said:

This is one of my favourite games ever. I'll be keeping tabs on Pwnee Studios to see what else they make!

MAB

MAB said:

Awesome platformer of doom... This is what I have been practicing for the last couple of decades.

The swear jar has been overflowing recently ;)

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

It's a lot of fun. I thought my leaderboard was empty because nobody else had played the same random levels as me, I guess it's free-for-all. Nice encouragement to keep playing.

jdarrell

jdarrell said:

^ The way they did it is way better than the next best option of delaying the Wii U release. The rest is Nintendo's fault.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@DeviousCrossing Yes, I'd rather spend $10 on Cloudberry than on Luigi. Nintendo is too lazy with the Luigi game - not even bother to change the bosses for this expensive DLC ($20). Cloudberry is a fun game and its stages change all the time.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Then I will get it when it is patched. Now it seems whenever I want a third party game on Wii U, I need to wait until it is complete.

@jdarrell

Why it is Nintendo's fault?

jdarrell

jdarrell said:

Just saying the reason you need to wait isn't because devs are lazy. Mystara/Zen Pinball/etc also seem to have delays/patches to work on online Wii U features. Hopefully they're only unexpected launch window problems and will become a thing of the past. Personally waiting isn't a big deal to me though.

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

"The platformer was designed with a random level generator meaning no two attempts are the same."

The latter part of that sentence is incorrect. If you die in a level, you get to attempt that level again, until you beat it or get a game over. The level isn't going to magically change after dying. It's still the exact same level until you beat it.

aronatvw

aronatvw said:

You can not beat buying this game for ten bucks, it has tons of modes and is a great challange. The first night me and some friends had a late night glued to the tv tearing up laughing for some reason at crouch jet packing! Lol good times

Marshi

Marshi said:

Comparing a score attack platformer to a traditional nintendo platformer is one of the sillyest things ive heard in recent times. Both luigi u and cloudberry kingdom are great games but offer very diferent experiences. Its like saying cods a better fps than skyrim,they're too very diferent experiences!

Facepalm indeed...

DeadAntelopesGo

DeadAntelopesGo said:

Cloudberry is insanely fun with some people around to play it with. Whether it's multiplayer or passing around a single player match. I had low expectations so I'm very happy with the game.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@Marshi You offered no reason why comparing a Nintendo game with a non-Nintendo game is a silly thing. Obviously, not every Nintendo game is good. I can easily list a bunch of Nintendo games that is horrible. You just used emotional words such as silly but offered no content (i.e., vacuous) in your argument, leaving me wondering why it is "silly" to compare a Nintendo game with a non-Nintendo game.

Who is more silly now?

Marshi

Marshi said:

@GreatPlayer im afraid its you sunshine. Reread my comment. I said comparing a game focused on score attack and skill challenge with a traditional nintendo PLATFORMER like luigi U is silly and it is. As I explained a traditional nintendo platformer is about exploration. Cloudberry kingdom,though still a platformer is a very diferent game therefore comparing the 2 is silly. Please refrain from insulting people buddy if you cant read properly.you have a nice day now ;-)

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@Marshi it is SO obvious that a score attacking game cannot be compared to a skill challenge game, because cloudberry does not offer any skill challenge. they are totally different games and thus they cannot be compared.

i don't see where the logic lies. Please refrain from insulting people buddy if you cant think.

Goodbye.

Marshi

Marshi said:

@GreatPlayer Yes it cant be compared! Are we on the same page here because thats what im saying! Please read what I have put in previous posts. Ofcourse you cant compare a score attack platformer to a traditional nintendo platformer,its silly to do such a thing and yet that is indeed what you said in a previous post,hence why I stated in my first post that comparing the two is silly. Now could you please stop making yourself look incompetent and READ what ive wrote...sheesh kids!

Marshi

Marshi said:

Marshi

Marshi said:

Not sure why that was printed twice! Oh and cloudberry kingdom is indeed a skill challenge game as you need skill to do. Please try not to turn it around son your making yourself look sillier by the second

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@Marshi Please keep saying "it is silly to compare a score attack platformer to a traditional Nintendo platformer" as it is a very logical, reasonable, meaningful, and convincing argument.