Site News: Nintendo Life - AKA Mario & Luigi - Runs for GamesAid

Posted by Nintendo Life Staff

You decide on Anthony and Tom's outfits

Mario and Luigi do a lot of running in their games, but do they run with thousands of others while raising money for charity? No? Tsk, poor show.

But fear not, because Nintendo Life Managing Director Anthony Dickens and features editor Tom Whitehead will be running the BUPA Great Edinburgh Run on 14th July; 10km of cobbled streets, lovely architecture and a lot of hilly sections. They'll be doing this to raise money for GamesAid, a UK-based organisation that supports games industry-related fundraising predominantly for children's charities in the UK and, in some cases, overseas.

So we'd like you, the Nintendo Life community, to do two things. First of all, we need you to decide who runs as Mario and who does so as Luigi; there are pictures and polls below to help you decide.

Secondly, we'd like you to spread the word about our fundraising page, which is being run through justgiving.com and accepts worldwide donations. All contributions to the cause are welcome, and even if you can't give yourself, please share with others, with 100% of all donations going straight to GamesAid.

We'll close the Mario and Luigi poll on Saturday 13th July at 12:00 UK time, so get voting!

Who runs as Mario? Who runs as Luigi? (142 votes)

Ant as Luigi, Tom as Mario

96%

Tom as Luigi, Ant as Mario

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via justgiving.com]

SuperKMx

SuperKMx said:

I don't know what I'm more impressed with. The outfits, or Daytona USA running in the background.

Ant, if you aren't Luigi, then there's no justice. I'll even buy you some Just For Men so you can get your 'tache going on properly.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

For the record, I will be turning my manly beard into a slightly awful, but 100% real, mustache for the run. So we can all look forward to that...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Ant as Luigi / Tom as Mario ftw! As Ant seems slightly taller in the picture, & Tom's beard (soon to be mustache allegedly) is perfect for Mario imo. Have fun guys, haha!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I've fixed the typo, it's 13th July for the shut off. There's no getting around the fact that as the taller / thinner individual, Anthony looks more like Luigi material. :'(

mch

mch said:

Thumbs up to the moustache idea!

San Francisco Rush rocked, spent so many hours with that game ..though i think i never got all the Mountain Dew cans ..

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

The only thing better than running is running for a good cause! Good luck, gentleman! :)

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

You can't have Mario taller than Luigi.

Other than that, I would say Sonic and Shadow would have been better.

Good Luck with the run, those suits won't help.

-KwB-

-KwB- said:

Hahaha :p Pretty obvious choice ain't it !? Good luck with the run !

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

Fair play Tom and Ant, I get shattered after running 5KM non-stop, so 10KM through cobbled streets of Edinburgh is a decent length, especially in Mario and Luigi suits.

I hope that there are plenty of Coin Blocks between now and 14th July, perhaps even the Gold Blocks from New Super Mario Bros. 2, spitting out donations for GamesAid.

Wishing you the very best of luck!

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Couldn't you take it in turns, with half the run in one outfit and the other half in the other outfit? That's the only fair way to resolve it. ;)

Except...where would you change in the streets of Edinburgh? I shoulda thought that through...

Wait! I got it! Since it's the Year of Luigi, why not both be Luigi? B-)

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I have to ask the question, have you two been training? A 10km run is rough 45 minutes of running for me, and I'm an experienced runner. Might not be the fastest, but I know my stuff.

Again, good luck, and do yourselfs favors. Wear some running shoes, not boots. A 10km in boots. D:

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@ThomasBW84: I dont know why but with that Luigi costume and that grin for some reason you remind me more of Wario than Luigi.