Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies DLC Confirmed For The West

Posted by Andy Green

The new case, quiz and costumes are making the trip

Yesterday we reported on the downloadable content that would be available for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies in Japan and Capcom has now confirmed it will all be coming to the West in due time.

The company made the announcement on the Capcom Unity forums, confirming the Western adaptations of the game will get the DLC too.

Probably the most interesting of the additions is the special chapter named Turnabout Return, which allows you to play a brand new case set between Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies. It stars a swashbuckling young girl who needs you to get her killer whale off a murder charge.

Other pieces of DLC include a quiz pack and three downloadable costumes. Japan, which got the game today, is able to download the new items of clothing for free for a limited time. It's unknown if the same will apply in the West.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies will be released in Fall this year on the 3DS eShop.

Will you be tempted to download the DLC alongside the game? Let us know in the comment section below.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I wonder how long before people complain, despite people also complaining if DLC from other consoles doesn't make it over to a Nintendo console.

And if you download Dual Destinies, why not download Turnabout Return as well?

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

Capcom loves to release costume dlc... how many people buy costumes (costumes that don't change gameplay)?

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

Now all i want is , A PHYSICAL COPY !!! if its digital only please lower the price, I HATE getting games digitally. It would be fine if its Animal Crossing or smth that i will keep playing all the time for a long time ( that rhyme), but its not the case with this game.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

@DefHalan If they are properly priced i have nothing against them. Like it was with Dynasty Warriors 7. They offered costume packs containing all (so, roundabout 50-60 costumes) for a dollar each, containing costumes of an earlier installment of the series. They may not change gameplay, but its nice to have something elso to look at from time to time.
Given, the "original costumes", so entirely new ones cost roughly 5$ per faction (roundabout 15-20 costumes)
Capcom on the other hand sells just a handfull of costumes for 2 or 3 characters for the same amount, sometimes just a pallet swap which is utterly ridiculous.
In general: I love DLC if its done right and the price is appealing and i still have to see something like that coming from capcom.

LunarJade

LunarJade said:

I'm not really interested in the costumes. Though if they are free I probably will download them. I'm more interested in this extra case, and I will download that.

ueI

ueI said:

Neither article explains exactly what the quiz is, but providing 3/4 as DLC suggests it is content stripped from the game.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Well, by the time this is localized I guess it could be included in the main game.

And am I reading this right? Is Capcom offering FREE DLC?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I am not buying anything from Capcom until they stop nickel and diming everything. Duck Tales first time when it is 75% off on Steam and that is it. In a way I am glad they don't make the type of games I like these days because of the total joke DLC policies.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

Still need to play T&T, AJ and AAI:ME, but I have all three and will be buying DD as soon as I finish them/it comes out, whichever is first.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Man, it's a very good time to be an Ace Attorney fan right now. Can't wait.

@RaymanFan2 Anyone else wanting a sequel to Ghost Trick out of the AA/Ghost Trick team next?

I would love a future installment of Ghost Trick. That game was tragically overlooked when released.

Parasky

Parasky said:

I'm actually okay with getting it digital only as I hate wasting time trying to find a good deal. It may be more expensive, but it's much more tedious.

Windy

Windy said:

I might have to jump into these games. I've never played one before But they seem to be very popular

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

ENDING SPOILERS

The game was fully wrapped up in the ending, however there is still one possibility for a sequel. When Sissel rejected Ray's offer the first time and went off on his own. We don't see what Sissel did on his own - therein lies a story which would feature a different cast.

Porky

Porky said:

Does the 3ds have a universal account yet? If not then It'd be hard for me to consider downloading games even if it's ace attorney.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@MagicEmperor
I would love to see this team make a spiritual successor although I don't really feel a direct sequel makes sense. BTW have you checked out Murdered Soul Suspect, it looks like a film noir version of ghost trick!