Miiverse Update Adds Tags to Posts

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Character limit for messages also increased

Filtering through the walls of posts in Miiverse communities has become easier thanks to an announced update that includes the ability to add certain tags to posts.

Tags vary by community and type of game, but can include Question, Accomplishment, Impressions, Retro and Players Wanted. These tags will appear blue in posts, as opposed to the green tags individual games make for themselves. These changes apply to both Wii U and online Miiverse interfaces.

The update also doubles the character limit of messages to other users from 100 to 200, but only in the Wii U interface.

Finally, a section entitled “Do Not Let Others Use Your Nintendo ID” has been added to the Miiverse Code of Conduct. It probably talks about how you should not let others use your Nintendo ID, but you can find the Code of Conduct under the “Settings/Other” tab of your Miiverse User Menu should you wish to investigate further.

What do you think of the new tags? Are there any others you’d like to see in a future update? Let us know in the comments below.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

kobe1724

kobe1724 said:

Nice. Can't wait for Miiverse on 3DS. It's going to be HUGE when it comes out, because A LOT more people have 3DS's than Wii U's right now (two reasons, it has been out longer, and the Wii U sales have sucked to this point).

ikki5

ikki5 said:

um..... wasn't there and update a while ago that let us have up to 200 characters? I am sure there was because I have gone over 100.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Miiverse will be perfect once it's on 3DS too. Hoping it will be included in the next 3DS update, whenever that will be.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

Miiverse is one of the best things Nintendo has done with the Wii U! And this comes from a guy who doesn't have Facebook or Twitter and is not keen on the whole "social network" phenomena.
Get this on 3DS, ASAP, Nintendo.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Is it just me, or does Miiverse on Wii U "lock up" (you can still open the HOME menu and such) when you go to and view a post with lots of comments? Like, it won't let me continue to navigate the forums or whatever, it gets annoying that I have to close it out. :c

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

All these little steps and tweaks are great for the U. If only they could continue the improvements AND clear up some extra ram...

aj_fowl

aj_fowl said:

Yeah, I had my girlfriend register a NN account on my Wii U now. That way when the 3DS owners get Miiverse she doesn't have to compete with them for an id.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Can "should I buy this game" have its own tag so I can filter out those posts forever? It's almost not even worth going on Miiverse anymore when that's all you see.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

@CAM290 Major Fall update? MiiVerse better not be the only thing that would make it major. Maybe if you could put Pictures on the Folders instead of letters... and hopefully... SNES on the Virtual Console?

andrea987

andrea987 said:

By E3 we were being told about the possibility of adding videos to posts, not just pictures. What's happened to that?

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Sweet! I also just heard that Monster Hunter Frontier G was announced for Wii U, hope we hear a confirmation from you guys soon!

Tuurtledove

Tuurtledove said:

Miiverse is slowly shaping up to become of the major highlights in purchasing a Wii U. I've already spent about 30-Hours on it dedicated to drawing, and it has a massive potential for community interaction

hydeks

hydeks said:

I thought Nintendo Network was suppost to come to 3DS, what happened to that?

Great news on the Miiverse update, will be very useful.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

@CAM290 So September huh... Well one more month of SSF4 and MK7 on my 3DS as usual ;D . Thanks for that info

@Trikeboy what?

Nintendo should be announcing a Direct soon too promote this... and it should be one big community not some weird Miiverse for home consoles and other for handhelds :)

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

@Darel My comment was that good things are getting announced to further Miiverse and yet people still complain. 3DS Miiverse is coming, but it isn't ready yet.

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

@Trikeboy

Well it should not take long, I mean the Wii U Miiverse is way more advanced than the 3DS's capabilities, so I don't know why it is not ready? :/

Cargo_AKA_David

Cargo_AKA_David said:

My Wii U is on it's way from an internet shop, so it will arrive between today and monday, so I probably won't notice the difference, but Miiverse on 3DS will be great, you can go on the smartphone site, but for the moment, you can only login -_-"
But on the Miiverse on Wii U, do many people talk about 3DS games?
When they bring it to 3DS it better not be a seprate community, I would like to see the same posts on my Wii U then on my 3DS

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

Only had my wii u a week, but I love miivers. Is there a way to get live notifications , with out being in miiverses? i.e, like street pass a light flashing on game pad when some one give you a "yeah" or replays to a comment.?

CountEkkiM

CountEkkiM said:

Accomplishments, and you can hide them from others if you want (because some people hate trophies)

RADencker

RADencker said:

@Darel I agree, but let's give Nintendo a little more time to get Miiverse out for 3DS. It would have been nice to have it ready for Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release, because that game is so social, but I think once it is released, we'll all be happy about it...

Crimson_Ridley

Crimson_Ridley said:

I enjoy Miiverse, though I do wish people would spend a few moments typing their posts to a more acceptable level. I get sick of people asking if there's going to be a Wii U Zelda (hint: you're on an internet-enabled device. Look it up!), and general stupid questions.

I really like looking at the drawings people make, and the quizzes people play with other people. The 200 character limit is too limited for me, because I refuse to shorten words if they can't naturally be shortened. As a result, I can't give a detailed explanation of my reasons for liking or disliking a game, and I can only argue the idiocy of begging for Yeahs to a certain extent. A 500 character limit would be very welcome.

I look forward to the 3DS Miiverse launching, because perhaps then I won't see so many posts about the Wii U being crap, not having enough games to play, and being a pointless investment (I disagree with all of these, except in part about not having enough games. I find myself in the VC more often, but I'm waiting for the big games like Pikmin 3).

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Haven't played with the tags yet, but saw the character limit increased last week sometime when I was typing up some Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate info. Sweet!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i still dont get exactly what these tags are suppose to do other then organize the post/comments ._.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

@DarkNinja9 Just that and make your search easier :p

I so want this social community... want a start an Excitebike 64 Remake petition/revolution as soon as possible!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Horray... but seriously where is Nintendo Tvii... It was supposed to be a pack in feature :/

Skotski

Skotski said:

@DerpSandwich You know you can filter the posts according to who has played the game yet or not, right? Pretty easy to ignore those posts at that point.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@Skotski That's true, and it does help tremendously. It's just annoying to have to switch over to that tab all the time, and sometimes it is nice to talk to people who don't have the game yet. (Just not the people who ask that stupid question. XD)