LEGO Marvel Super Heroes To Feature Stan Lee as a Playable Character

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

And lots of others, naturally

In the coming months we're going to see an epic face-off, of sorts. Nope, we're not talking about the Wii U vs Xbox One vs PS4, or even 3DS vs anything with a small-ish screen, but a battle between superheroes for the public's affections. Yep, we have Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure coming to the Wii U and 3DS in North America in September, and LEGO Marvel Superheroes landing in October on every Nintendo system apart from the Wii. If the two were genuinely going head-to-head in a mash-up, it'd probably be one of the greatest games ever made.

Over the weekend we had the chance to look at the Hero Creator tool in Scribblenauts Unmasked, but Marvel's LEGO adventure has also been doing the rounds at Comic-Con. A new trailer was released, below, and a significant number of characters were confirmed such as the Thing, Vulture, and Invisible Woman. Marvel executives were also announced for appearances, with the most notable probably being the legendary Stan Lee, who'll fittingly be playable and will be able to use superhero powers such as those of Spider-Man and The Hulk.

It all sounds like chaotic fun, and you can check out the latest trailer below.

On a side note, we couldn't resist the opportunity to reminisce over this classic Stan Lee cameo, though we couldn't use the brilliant Hulk sequence as the video quality was even worse, and was compounded further by annoying annotations. Enjoy!

[via polygon.com]

Related Games

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Ugh dang, I am unable to watch the video for some reason. I wanna see some Stan Lee action. :D

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Varia01

If your on a 3DS, then you should know 3DS can't play video online, or any plug-in.

Nice article. I'm so buying this.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Ever since LEGO City Undercover (My first LEGO game) I've gotten hooked on these games. Can't wait to play this one, it looks better than any LEGO game I've ever seen!

hydeks

hydeks said:

haha! I love that Simpsons episode with Stan Lee "look, the Mulk is fitting right now keeps trying to shove in batmobile"

Can't wait for this game for Wii U, I love LEGO games and Marvel, so this will be a must have for me.

Gioku

Gioku said:

That's so awesome! They need other writers/artists as characters!

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Oh wow. Those big characters are freaking awesome! It's gonna be fun playing Hulk!

Relias

Relias said:

Uhm.. kay... how about just giving me Spider Man 2099.. and some X-Men 2099... actually making a Lego Marvel 2099 would be awesome.. oh and get to cracking on Lego Brave and The Bold.. (What I personally believe Lego Batman 2 should have been.. just saying)..

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I'll only consider picking this up if I have the option to give Wolverine one or more of his masks. :P

pixelman

pixelman said:

This article is missing the truly awesome news: Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson. I want this game now.

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Bulby

Yes! Glad Coulson gets noticed!

"They're a vintage set... Near mint... Slight boxing around the edges."

-Coulson, Marvel's The Avengers

Yeah, Deadpool is going to be epic, I hope he has guns for long range and swords for close range, that'd just be awesome. Also, I hope Nick Fury is in the game.

Can't wait for epic head to head showdowns.

This is going to be incredible.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I prefer the scene with Stan Lee on The Big Bang Theory. The moment when he sarcastically invites Sheldon inside (and Sheldon takes it literally) really cracked me up! :D

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Stan Lee is playable. As soon as I'm done changing my underwear, I'm gonna preorder, like, five copies.