Inazuma Eleven 3 Kicks Off in Europe on 27th September

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The 3DS remaster, rather than DS original

Earlier in the year it was announced, in a Nintendo Direct broadcast, that Inazuma Eleven 3 would come to Europe this summer on the 3DS. By confirming a 3DS release, Nintendo made clear that it'd be publishing the remastered version of Level-5's original DS title, which in itself is part of a 3DS trilogy re-release of the first three main titles in Japan. As we suspected back then, Europe won't be receiving the new re-mastered trilogy, so it seems we'll have to settle for the existing DS localisations and just the third entry on the latest portable.

As with the second title there'll be two distinct versions, Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt and Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast, each with slight variations; both arrive on 27th September. It's a football RPG series that thrives on offering a staggering range of customisations and content, and according to the press release for this new entry that's set to continue — over 2000 characters and 350 special moves are cited. This time around you're trying to become the greatest football team in the world — which should be easy — and Nintendo has confirmed that more details will be revealed ahead of release, including information on a set of Inazuma figurines that'll be made available.

Have any of you Europeans tried either of the DS releases that have come West, and are you looking forward to diving in for a footie-adventure on 3DS? Let us know in the comments below.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Damn... I REALLY wanted the trilogy over here. Having said that I'm ecstatically pleased to finally have the release date for the 3rd game.

I love Inazuma Eleven!

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

A ridicoulus shame that they took out the title from the trilogy remake instead than give us the whole package...

Still can't wait for Inazuma 3, I played the first and second titles a lot! Ack... I kept playing Inazuma 2 for basically the whole 2012 :D

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

This is one of those rare times I'm jealous of my EU brothers and sisters, when it comes to games. NA usually gets earlier releases and some games that EU doesn't receive at all, which is honestly a shame, as in a perfect gaming world the release schedule would look like Pokemon X/Y. I love that I'll be able to play Pokemon the same day someone in EU is able to, and vice versa. I've always wanted to try one of these Inazuma Eleven RPG's, but they never come to NA. I doubt they would sell well, but none the less, I'd like to give one a try and due to region locking I cannot.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I've already got & finished Inazuma 1 & 2 so I only need the 3rd one anyway. I don't even like soccer but I love the handheld Inazuma games! Great fun :D

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Only ever played the first,and found it quite fun,I might pick up when I find it in the bargain Bin.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

As a Brazilian who would freaking love to play this game (and since Brazil has North American consoles as default), let me take another opportunity to condemn whoever invented region locking to a lifetime of suffering.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

The first two games are fantastic, and I think Nintendo should have advertised them a lot better than they did. Layton games sell well, and people love football. It's such a no-brainer. I only found out about this game because a friend works as a tester at Nintendo (in the US ironically) and she worked on it and said I should look out for it.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Please NoA, publish this in NA! We haven't had one Inazuma Eleven game yet!

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@rsaleh12 Thanks for the kind reply! I'll be pushing for at least simultaneous EU and NA releases in the future. It's a shame that EU doesn't have a set date for SMTIV yet, as far as I know.

Daggo

Daggo said:

Damn you region-lock!!!

Anyways, I though Europe was going to get the 1•2•3 collection :P
It had more sense in my opinion, and I bet Ogre version would be ruled out already.

@Peach64

Wait, so your friend tested the game for NOA, right? That means there was a intended release for NA at some point?

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@Daggo I have no idea who it was intended for, but this was a few years ago. I'll try and find out from her.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Hurrah!

2000 Characters and yet I'm still going to search out Saggy and Shadow as soon as I can and ignore the rest of 'em.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

It's a shame that NoA and Level-5 haven't published any of these games, I've always been interested in giving them a go.

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

@Osui NoA doesn't publish this series. Ever really. This is one of the "region-lock problems" for NA. Unlike EU, NA tends to get most of the games that are actually exported from Japan... except that the United States (still) looks unfavorably onto soccer (known as "futbol" or "world football" to many). The US hates soccer (opinion of the majority of the US population) and that then affects the import trends of the entire NA region. I live in the US and it is just horrible, but it is MUCH worse for @ricklongo and others that live in a Football-supportive country that has to be supported by the NoA. Sorry about that ricklongo!

Osui

Osui said:

@LordGeovanni yea I know, region lock is kinda stupid. I don't know why nintendo release fifa for 3ds but not Inazuma eleven in NA.

andrea987

andrea987 said:

@Osui Nintendo release Fifa? That's news to me...
On topic, I loved the first DS title, so I'll definitely look into this one. Hoping for some online MP, would be great if they included it.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

In Europe soccer is a much bigger market. I don't really see this series selling well in America...well in the US at least. Mexico may eat this up

Daggo

Daggo said:

@LzQuacker All Latin America might...
Y'know, IE anime was somewhat popular years ago, but Nintendo doesn't trust this market yet, so chances to see a dedicated release for the region, like that Saint Seiya game, are slim!

Cheksa

Cheksa said:

Here is a quote from a wikipedia page on "soccer in the US:"

"The largest category of soccer in the United States in terms of participation is boys' and girls' youth soccer. Soccer is one of the most played sports by children in the United States. In 2012, soccer was the #4 most played team sport by high school boys, and soccer overtook softball to become the #3 most played team sport by high school girls.[42] As of 2006, the U.S. was the #1 country in the world for participation in youth soccer, with 3.9 million American youths (2.3 million boys and 1.6 million girls) registered with U.S. Soccer."

Did you read that NoA? So now bring Inazuma Eleven state side please.
Thank you!

It's not that translation would cost anything as it has ALREADY been translated for the UK.