Game Freak Uses a Silhouette to Tease a New Collaboration Project

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Those cheeky scamps

Game Freak should be fairly busy right now, presumably putting the finishing touches to Pokémon X & Y, yet it's found the time to tease a new title with a mysterious website, adorned with a silhouette that looks Pokémon-esque — our tipster reckons it doesn't look like any current 'mon, except possibly a Munna.

In any case, Serebii has been on the case and interpreted a caption as follows — "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration". The URL also supposedly contains the word Soritiba, a trademark filed by Game Freak last year.

We suspect fans would like this to be Pokémon-related, and that's certainly the best known franchise — by some distance — from Game Freak. Yet it could be something entirely new, with the studio perhaps working on a project with or for another publisher.

It's all a mystery, but let's enjoy some rampant speculation in the comments section below.

Thanks to Prof_Clayton for the tip

[via serebii.net]

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

I know it won't be but imagine if its Pokemon x Angry Birds. Nintendo, Game Freak and Rovio wouldn't need to make another game for years, just sit back and watch the money pile up.

World

World said:

Pokémon x Pulseman x Drill Dozer...? Where the Pocket Monsters are game characters in the Pulseman computer system and played by the "real-world" characters from Drill Dozer?

That, or Yoshi 2.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Munna isn't close, the ear and body structure gives that away. It is definitely new.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Probably another crossover like Pokemon Conquest but with a different company this time around.

However, it doesn't say anywhere that this is a game. It just says that a series will be reborn due to a collaboration. It could be a collaboration of anime works for all we know.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

That looks a bit like these...pig things from .hack, i cant remember what they are called. And the background gives me some kind of digimonish "digivolution sequenze" vibe.

Diogozaca

Diogozaca said:

furry dog with an acessory in its head, or a pony. As sad in the "translation"... The "thing", game, anime, mangá, could be anything, is not new it has previously knowed around the world, but its now returning.

Kinsale

Kinsale said:

Too me, it strikes me as something from harvest moon, which could be a pretty interesting game.

Pulsar03

Pulsar03 said:

What I think is...

• Or it's gonna be a Moomin Pokémon.
  • Or it's gonna be a Pokémon x Animal Crossing game.
AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

No idea, if it's the Moomins I will scream excessively and migrate to a third world country.

Dr_42o

Dr_42o said:

I bet it has nothing to do with Nintendo.. Pokemon is going multiplatform.

andrea987

andrea987 said:

@ThomasBW84 That was exactly my guess. If it's 'mon related, probably won't be my cup of tea, but I hope it'll come to the U, whatever it is. It needs games (not me, I've got enough for the moment).

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

God, it'd be sweet if they were working with Natsume on a Harvest Moon/Pokemon-type game. It reminds me a lot of the earliar horses in the Harvest Moon series, that's for sure.

So now to wait for disappointment, seeing as that's pretty much all speculation ever does.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Was thinking Digimon as well, never played that series...wonder how that would work with Pokemon...lol

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Its gotta be something new, I can't think of anything that fits the silhoutette. The only thing that comes to mind is Monster Rancher, they did came out with a DS game not too long ago so it hasn't been forgotten. I could see Tecmo wanting to work with Game Freak to revive the franchise and who better to work with than the guys behind Pokemon?

I doubt thats the case though, its more likely to be a Pokemon spin-off than anything else.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Hey, they said that it's a well-known game played all over the world. It doesn't have to mean it's one of THEIR games. For all we know, it could be a new version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Personally I'd like a Pokemon MMORPG.....maybe developed with a Korean company, which would be really surprising.

ljinkakidd

ljinkakidd said:

Please... Pokemon MMO. I'd also love a Pokemon RPG that follows the Anime with a style like Dragon Quest 8 but obviously better.

I think it'll be Drill Dozer though.

elejolteon

elejolteon said:

Judging by the size of that thing's head, it looks like a Harvest Moon horse. I could easily see this collaboration being a Rune Factory-type HM/Pokemon crossover.

Actually, that would be pretty awesome. Pokemon Ranch, now with actual ranching!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Ernest_The_Crab

"the well known game, played all around the world,"

And that thing looks like a horse to me. That Pokémon x Digimon, does not sound so farfetched, since it says it is a surprising collaboration, and we have seen things like Capcom vs SNK.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Dude, Pokemon Moomin would be SWEET. Those stories were my FAVORITES when i was a baby.

EpicGamer

EpicGamer said:

@ljinkakidd
Umm...you do realize that the Pokemon anime is based off of the games, right? It's not the other way around. Games come first, anime comes second.

Nabbit101

Nabbit101 said:

Pokemon X Earthbound? I mean the teaser was released on the day Earthbound was realeased on the Wii U?

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

" our tipster reckons it doesn't look like any current 'mon, except possibly a Munna"

Wat

RoboDuck

RoboDuck said:

Pokemon X Shin Megami Tensei

You play as N as you try to talk to Pokemon in order to convince them to join your party.

Lostog

Lostog said:

pokemon X pokemon
and then pokemon Y pokemon
and then they create real pokemon and then we turn out to be in a videogame and then they make a sequel

ljinkakidd

ljinkakidd said:

@EpicGamer

Yes, I know that, I am talking about the Orange League/first series with Ash as the main character. I'm not talking about the newer games. I just want a Pokemon game that looks like Ni No Kuni aestheticly. Pokemon red and blue had few scenarios that match the Anime. To understand me better tbere is a Pokemon Fire Red hack that takes you through the first dozen episodes or so.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I am really looking forward to seeing what this collaboration could possibly be. I'll await the announcement patiently.