Gaijin Games Announces Good Friends Pack DLC For Runner 2

Posted by Orla Madden

Seven new characters join the line-up

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is expanding before our very eyes; Gaijin Games has announced that the game is to receive the Good Friends DLC pack, which will bring a fresh batch of characters with which to dash through the levels — we suspect you'll recognise some of them.

The Good Friends Character Pack is set to unleash seven new characters into the game's world, with the studio unveiling two in the videos below. Introduced by none other that Charles Martinet himself, we are acquainted with Raz and Quote. More characters are set to be revealed this week, so keep your eyes peeled for more information.

All we know of the DLC's console release date is that it's "soon-to-launch", though it arrives this week on Steam. Let us know your thoughts on the two new members of the cast in the comment section below.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Quote?! I will buy this game just because of that- I'm not even joking.

MeWario

MeWario said:

I was hoping the DLC would be more levels :( Ill pick this up if its free but won't pay just for extra characters that have no affect on the gameplay. Great game though!!!

banacheck

banacheck said:

$3 is very cheap for DLC even if it is just characters, i'll be buying them to help support an excellent game. That reminds me Guacamelee is another excellent indie game but sadly not on the Wii U, but well worth looking into if you own another console.

Grayjedi13

Grayjedi13 said:

I know this doesn't really add much, but sometimes DLC can be just for fun. I think I might pick this up.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

If it's not free,it's not for me. Though Steam will eventually just put the whole package for 80% off and you can buy everything for less than the original price.

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

I'm not interested. The Wii U version feels too bloated, and I think that it lost the magic that made the first runner so special.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh, new DLC. That's nice. Can I have the game now? It was rated by the Australian Classification Board in April, so why the delay?...

Tethers

Tethers said:

So (maybe) I have to pay for characters which only looks different, but in terms of gameplay are all identical? Crazy world...

SchamMan89

SchamMan89 said:

I loved Runner 2, but I don't care about character DLC. What makes the game so fun is its level design-- I'd buy more of THAT, not an avatar.

That said, I love the Psychonauts cameo.

james_squared

james_squared said:

Interesting, but I'm not too sure I'll pick this up unless it's very inexpensive. Runner 2 is a fantastic game though. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the DLC announcement almost makes me want to play today!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

If it doesn't have new courses then I'm not really interested. If they release some course packs I will definitely buy those though.

Captain_Bagel

Captain_Bagel said:

There should be console exclusive characters. Imagine playing Runner 2 as Mario! With Charles Martinet still narrating! I could also see Link, Yoshi and DK working.
But I also want to see everyone's unique dances.

allav866

allav866 said:

@Gorlokk Same here, but now that I think about it, Nicalis should bring Cave Story+ to the Wii U. I mean a Cave Story+ that is COMPLETELY identical to the Steam version, with Curly Story, Wind Fortress, Boss Rush, Nemesis Challenge, the recently added Machine Gun Challenge, and the holiday costumes! Plus, the Wii U can install updates, so any extras added to the Steam version could be added to the Wii U version as well.