Female Version of Copperhead To Feature in Batman: Arkham Origins

Posted by Andy Green

She's a slippery one

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is in attendance at the San Diego Comic Con where it is showing off its upcoming title Batman: Arkham Origins.

During the event, a new character was revealed in the form of Copperhead, who isn't typically a Batman antagonist but is a DC supervillain all the same. This rendition seems to be using the New 52 character rather than the previous costume wearing baddie seen in the 1960's comics.

However, in Batman: Arkham Origins Copperhead is in fact a female and has claws, which is odd as snakes don't tend to have claws, or arms for that matter. She plays one of the deadly assassins hell-bent on ruining Batman's night. During the reveal trailer the Caped Crusader points out that the reports he has on Copperhead "references a male, not a female" so perhaps this isn't actually the Copperhead, but an associate. We'll just have to wait and see.

You can check out the reveal video below to see her in action. Let us know what you think to the new addition in the comment section underneath.

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

I'm so looking forward to this game. I loved Arkham Asylum and City! Kind of sucks about no Conroy, or Hamill though.

KAHN

KAHN said:

why does it matter? gender doesn't effect the story whatsoever.

TheRegginator

TheRegginator said:

Copperhead was always a lame villain. It's interesting to see Copperhead as a more agile female now.

Shworange

Shworange said:

I like the fluid snake motion they give her. It may not be true to comics, but seeing her in action makes the character seem perfectly fit for a woman. I can't wait to play this on my WiiU

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

This game just looks better and better every time I watch another sneak peak. Come on October 25th! So awesome the Wii U got Arkham City, but the fact it's getting a SECOND Batman Arkham game, well, that just makes me ecstatic!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

The claws seems to only be on two fingers like each hand has a snake bite. At least they're rolling with the character a bit more than a boring dude who never did anything.

Maskeraid

Maskeraid said:

I don't really care about the gender, as long as we get a neat boss fight with him/her. :P

SyntheticPerson

SyntheticPerson said:

Well, Copperhead was female in New 52 so it is hardly a gender swap. They just chose the New 52 version, over the original. Given their revamp of the character, female is more appropriate for their version.

Also, I think the claws on the hands represent the snake fangs, particularly as bats gets poisoned by her when she strikes him.