You Can Now Pre-Order a Copy of Soul Saga on Wii U For Only $15

Posted by Nintendo Life Staff

Update: Wii U stretch goal reduced to $80,000

Since we posted this exciting news, Disastercake has been in touch with us to let us know it has reduced the Wii U stretch goal to $80,000. Here's what Mike Gale has just told us:

I wanted to let you know that I reduced the stretch goal for the Wii U down to $80,000. I really want to see Soul Saga on the Wii U!

It looks like Disastercake is very keen to get Soul Saga: Episode I onto Nintendo's latest home console!

Original Article:

Yesterday we reported that the indie J-RPG inspired Kickstarter project Soul Saga: Episode I is heading to the Wii U eShop in 2014, should it reach its funding goals. Since then, developer Mike Gale from Disastercake has informed Nintendo Life that he has added a new pledge tier for to the Kickstarter page, so that backers can now pledge a minimum of $15 to solely receive a Wii U code of the game, instead of having to pledge for the PC, Linux or Mac version and adding an extra $10 to grab the Wii U code too.

When discussing the reasoning behind this alteration, Mike explained how he had recently received a lot of comments from potential backers and Soul Saga fans and wanted to make the game more accessible to them:

I was getting some feedback that some people only wanted the Wii U code, and for a more reasonable price. It's at the $15 pledge level now.

Currently the game must reach a stretch funding level of $105,000 in order to gain a Wii U make-over, surpassing other stretch goals such as the addition of professional voice acting and the inclusion of an in-game airship and airship combat, however the developer has hinted that he may adjust the stretch goals so that the Wii U version is easier to unlock.

Do you want to see Soul Saga on the Wii U eShop? Let us know in the comments section down below.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@LDXD I'm with LDXD on this. If you can get it on Steam for $1, hard to buy it on Wii U for more than that. That's why I love being a Wii U + PC + 3DS gamer. Pretty much covers everything. Well that PS3 gives me my Final Fantasy access too.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Asking for 15$ on WiiU when other systems get it for 1$ is not the best marketing model if you ask me. As long as it will be the same game, i hardly see any reason to spend 14 extra $ on this game.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Wait, can somone show me where it costs $1 on Steam? Or is there something about Greenlight I don't know about?

All the game keys are at the $15 mark anyways, so I mean it all depends if you're gonna donate to the game. I might, it looks pretty good.

ueI

ueI said:

Guys, nobody EVER said this game would be $1 on steam. The creator said he wants to charge $20. And @LDXD's comment is a sarcastic one.

edhe

edhe said:

Actually, people saying it's $1 on steam were talking about a prospective Humble Bundle deal.

Personally, I wouldn't feel good about myself if I got a load of games for $1. It's for charity. Open your wallets for goodness sake.

element187

element187 said:

I doubt it will be 1$ on Steam.... Why would you spread false rumors like that? Now people won't even get the Wii U version.

AcesHigh

AcesHigh said:

Wow... talk about a very misleading headline... Nintendo Life, you guys are skating very close to online rags like Wii U Daily... Not only does it sound like it's available for download now - but it won't be at all if the goal is not met. And so far it's not been met. Please don't diminish your credibility for button clicks...

rjejr

rjejr said:

"You Can Now Grab a Copy"

How can I grab a copy NOW of a game that won't be out until 2014?

I think "You can now PREORDER a copy" or "PLEDGE" would be better, especially given all the the current WiiU delays. how many WiiU games have released on time?

Sorry for the nitpick, nobody should have to work on Sunday, but you shouldn't get peoples hopes up either that a game is available NOW.

damn, ninja'd

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

@edhe They aren't charities..... The devs want you to buy from those sites. Some let you give part of money to charity, but most are for the devs.

There are over 10 sites that do indie bundles and its to give the devs money as well since they sell hundreds of thousands of copies or tens of thousands its more than they would ever make normally.

Its all to promote Indies and has given them tons of money.

Theres humblebundle.com indiegala.com indieroyale.com groupees.com indiegamestand.com and many, many more sites for this

Why would I buy an indie on Wii U? Nintendo is charging them a big amount to have the game on here so the indie company does not get a big % of it. So I am just wasting my money when I can get a better deal and the dev doesn't even get more money from it.

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

@element187 Its not false rumors, all indie games, go to bundles to make a ton of money since they sell so many copies when they go cheap like that.

You get a steam key with the purchase, so then you have it on steam when you buy it at a bundle site.

Whenever I have purchased an indie game for $5-15 I always see the game goes down to $1 or less in a bundle within 3-4 months. Its a fact, not a rumor.

Little Inferno I almost got on Wii U when it was $14.99 to start out, but then it was on a bundle site for .50 cents lol. It was in this bundle http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/05/28/new-humble-bundle-includes-hotline-miami-little-inferno/ I got all those games for $4.50 total.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I'll definitely pledge for it now. May even get some of the bonus stuff along with it, we'll see.

MatthewRPG

MatthewRPG said:

I love how people spew things from their mouths cause they think they know about something cause they heard it from their sisters, boyfriends, uncle.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Superconsole - Much better. Sorry for the Sunday grumpy.

I'm actually looking forward to this, currently playing Rainbow Moon on PS3 and really enjoying it.

coren

coren said:

I donated and got my copy.

I understand what some of you are saying about getting it on steam, but I enjoy sitting on my couch and playing an RPG while I lounge. On top of that, $15 isn't steep whatsoever if it means helping a game get made.

Also, if there indie debs make money and become larger, they will remember the format that helped the and develope ore games for it

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

Funding a Kickstarter project is not the same as a pre-order. This is a very misleading headline and article.

coren

coren said:

@DrKarl
If you donate $15 you get a download code to get the full game. So you're right, it isn't preordering, its donating/buying the game if it reaches it target. Still, not a bad deal, since I really like the idea of this game

The-Chosen-one

The-Chosen-one said:

Nowhere it has been said it will be 1$ on steam, its not true, the game will be 20$, and will be 15$ for wiiU

T1m1

T1m1 said:

the Wii U is lacking on RPGs so i'll definitely buy it if it comes to the eshop.

Nightingale

Nightingale said:

@coren It may or may not even come out for Wii U, depending on stretch goals, so I'm not really sure dropping $15 to it right now can be construed in any way as a "pre order on wii u." Article headline's overselling this.

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

@XCWarrior Yeah, you get it for cheaper on other places, can't blame you for going that route.
But ask yourself this; does the game's quality look like $15 is still a fair price?

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@smashbrolink If it's episodic, then no, not worth $15. That episode I thing scares me to say the least. I like episodic gaming almost as much as I like DLC - not at all.

AcesHigh

AcesHigh said:

Very simple when the author changed it in response to my post. Read the whole thread in order.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

as a bit of an update, The game reach the Wii U stretch goal.