Video: This Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Trailer is a Treat

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Its eShop release can't come soon enough

While its eShop-only release will undoubtedly disappoint some, we shouldn't forget that — after a lot of doubt — Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is coming the West in the Fall period. Quite a number of the Nintendo Life team, for example, are planning to raid the 3DS online store when it arrives.

Of course its coming to Japan in a more traditional sense, with a physical release as well as the download equivalent, with a court date of 25th July. It was also one half of this week's Japan-only Capcom-focused Nintendo Direct, and as a result a new three minute trailer has emerged. While it's in Japanese and only the most dedicated fans are likely to fully grasp what's going on, it looks to be playing up to what makes the series popular, with some innovations and attractive visuals thrown in.

Check it out below, and watch to the end for confirmation of a popular character returning to the fray.

[via destructoid.com]

JaivfromONM

JaivfromONM said:

After watching the trailer, this is now my most wanted game!!

And yay!! Pearls!!! Hopefully Maya and Gumshoe return as well!!!

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

Buy please buy! everyone download day one even if you hate digital games... we really need this game to be a success

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

I'll definitely be buying. Would've liked a physical release (I've got physical copies of all the others asides from Miles Edgeworth 2 as it wasn't localised :( ) but I really can't wait to play this. It's a fantastic series of games.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I have no qualms with getting a digital release, but I would really like to have a Physical release to go alongside all my other physical copies.
Capcom really should do a limited print run of physical copies specifically for the fans who REALLY want them, like pre-orders on their site.

Mqblank

Mqblank said:

@JaivfromONM I was going to ask where Pearls is but I have just found her near the end in the montage. At the minute, this game cannot get more awesome, it certainly cannot come soon enough.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

I am really hyped for this game! It looks so good! Hopefully the game will feature another great story.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@RupeeClock Yeah, that's exactly how I feel! I know I'm buying this the moment it's released but it'll look lovely with my collection, the same goes for other video game series like Professor Layton. All physical.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

Really hope this will be a success, I'll be getting it anyway. Physical or no physical.

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

Only eShop though? I am not a fan of paying the same price for a game I cannot hold and would be gone forever if I lose my 3DS. Granted not like it is Pokemon but still it would be a great loss.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I'll be downloading this as an act of support to those hardcore fans out there, and because these games are usually pretty darn fun.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Why should we care about holding a game? I only care about actually playing a game. I'm a gamer, not a holder. Digital or retail, I'll still have the same experience either way. Its an experience paying full price for as far as I am concerned.

I'm sure many people against this being a download only title have downloaded several other games on Nintendo consoles since 2006. Why is this suddenly different?

And as far as having a complete collection on their shelves, I don't remember complaints about Mega Man 9 and 10 being download only.

Dolphinsquared

Dolphinsquared said:

As long as this isn't as expensive as Black Ops 2's most expensive limited edition package, I'm fine with investing some money on this.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

I have not played a Phoenix Wright game before, although the concept is cool!

Maybe someone should make an attorney SIMULATOR; it would probably be pretty boring.....

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Before I played Phoenix Wright for the first time on WiiWare, I didn't know what to think of the series either. I actually passed on buying the original on DS to buy Final Fight Streetwise instead. If anyone is still unfamilar with the series, just try it out on WiiWare.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Bass_x0: The original 3 games are also on iOS with awesome updated graphics and the first two cases are free, so it's a pretty nice place to start too for people with iDevices.

Nacchi

Nacchi said:

it's a shame about it being digital only but I'm still excited about it :D

Objection

Objection said:

Site largely about Nintendo downloads community: favors downloads all the time
Download-only AA: eww, gross!
O.o

Anyway, I'll be getting it upon release, as it looks really good and I'm a big fan.

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@Bass_X0 "I'm a gamer, not a holder."

I'm still a bit undecided about where I fall on the whole matter, but this quote still needs to be embroiedered on a pillow. And heck yes, I'm getting this game as soon as it arrives.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

@Bass_X0 I don't care about 'holding' a game exactly, but I do care about having to sit and wait for it to download and then it needlessly taking up a ton of space on my SD card that I rather save for smaller lower budget releases that wouldn't be released physically anywhere in the world, let alone in the West. And yeah, as a long time fan of the series, I do like the artwork on the case inlays. It's only necessity that's forcing me to download Dual Destinies, and it'll be the only full priced retail game I've downloaded on any system ever so far, asides from Monster Hunter 3 on 3DS because it was a freebie as part of the recent Nintendo promotion (and even then I'll grab a cheap physical copy when I can because it takes up nearly 15,000 blocks of SD card space :( )

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

That was an amazing trailer :D I thought Pearls would look even more older but atleast she is back :D Where is Maya? It's also good to see Phoenix back in action as the main character. I never got used to Apollo and although he is in here, Phoenix as main was a great choice by Capcom! I am really excited for this game :D I don't care about the digital purchase, instead the game would be cheaper for me as I reside in India and importing cartridges costs me atleast 1.5 times the original cost!

Its not related to AA but I hope Camelot follows Capcom's wise decision and returns Isaac the main character place in the next Golden Sun.