Video: Reggie Fils-Aime Posts E3 Welcome Message For Fans

Posted by Orla Madden

Details on the event and more

To add more excitement for the eventful days ahead, Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime has posted a welcome video for E3 on Nintendo's official YouTube channel.

The video details when the Nintendo Direct broadcast will take place — 11th June at 3pm UK time / 4pm European Central time / 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific, in case you've missed it — along with content such as gameplay videos, trailers for new games and developer interviews.

Over on the company's official Facebook page, another video was posted featuring Fils-Aime giving us more information about Nintendo's plans for the event, paying particular attention to why the company avoided a conference and opted for a Nintendo Direct presentation instead.

"We're always looking for new ways to surprise and delight", said Reggie on the topic, and although this is the case, we'll be receiving information on upcoming games and releases like we have been in previous years, so nothing has really changed in that sense.

You can keep an eye on Nintendo's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube feeds for all information fresh out of E3. We'll naturally be covering the event for all your needy ears and eyes, so be sure to stick with us over the coming week.

[via youtube.com]

Sanqet

Sanqet said:

I think they are doing the right thing with Nintendo direct the previous ones got them as much publicity as any conference at e3 and they can deliver them any time they want not just once a year like e3

gavn64

gavn64 said:

Reggie looks confident... and has he lost wait maybe his body is finally ready?

net34a

net34a said:

Can someone tell me the correct time for Mexico City (GMT-6)?
Anyway, my body is ready.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Anybody else notice that Mario is holding a GamePad in the background?

Anyway yeah I kinda freaked when Reggie came running into my Wii U home menu...I'm SO excited for Tuesday! I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store!!!

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

Is it just me, or does it look like Reggie dropped 20 lbs/10kg. I guess his body really is ready for this E3.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

The problem with E3 is that it's an industry conference for media. Nintendo are cutting out the middleman and going straight to the public.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

it is what it says: it's nintendo direct to you. they feel a lot more personal than e3 conferences in my opinion and I'm more hyped for this than the sony/microsoft stuff simply because over the year there have been some really great nintendo directs

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I think this will be way better as well. Hopefully a lot less time will be spent on sales data statistic and things like "here's this douchebag executive to talk about how our system enables their teams to have unprecedented creativity, blah, blah" and "I know nobody from that market segment is watching this, but let's spend 45 minutes talking about how non-gamers will enjoy this system".

Hopefully they can now cut the BS and get right to games and the features that gamers want most.

Araknie

Araknie said:

Thanks for listening and reporting back Reggie i hope this becomes an abitude for Nintendo, i mean been always in contact with us.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

It won't play on my kindle, so it maybe a while before I watch it. The reason why it cannot play on my device is because it has no Flash Adobe Player. I am expecting a great amount of hype in the video, though. :)

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

E3, will drive WiiU sales, And make those games not coming to WiiU seem irrelevant.
I predict 2014's E3, alot of 3rd party publishers will be trying to rebuild burnt bridges with Nintendo and Nintendo fans.

P-Gamer-C

P-Gamer-C said:

@MadAdam81 Only hardcore nintendo fans watch these cute little directs its an echo chamber they left e3 for a reason nintendo can no longer compete anymore the big3 are as follows PC/PS4/CABLE BOX1

P-Gamer-C

P-Gamer-C said:

Nintendo ran from e3 and all those games not coming to wii u are very relivent to real hardcore gamers

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I wonder why people get on here to try to start arguments...oh well. Anyway,
Looking forward to Tuesday! I think Reggie has lost weight. Must be Wii Fit U :p

hydeks

hydeks said:

Whoo! 10am, can't wait till Tuesday :) I got a streetpass hit from Iwata last night basicly saying the same thing

Gregor

Gregor said:

@P-Gamer-C
At least they arn't alienating fans left and right (Microsoft) or just doing the same old crap they always do (Sony).

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Yeah I kinda did to.. thanks for catching that @Blizzaga. I just don't understand why people want to be so negative and make people dislike them.

astros75

astros75 said:

Man I can't wait till Tuesday! Many potential great games coming out this year for 3ds/WiiU plus the thought of a few more "secret" games has me anxiously awaiting the E3 Nintendo Direct.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

@P-Gamer-C
Wow. I never thought I would read something so naive. You proved me wrong.
Just wait until E3 and the PS4/Xbox One consoles launch before jumping to conclusions.