Video: Bayonetta 2 Reveals Exciting New Hairstyle

Posted by Damien McFerran

Gameplay footage looks rather nice, too

Nintendo has revealed gameplay footage from Platinum Games' forthcoming Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2.

As you can see from the trailer below, the game is looking pretty special indeed, but perhaps the biggest news is that Bayonetta is sporting a rather fetching new hairstyle. (Yes, we are being sarcastic).

Check out the footage and let us know what you think of the game — and the lead character's new hair, of course — by leaving a comment.

[via youtube.com]

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

I'm actually more interested in this game than most of the titles shown in the direct, and I've never played the first one. Guess I'll be doing that sometime this summer. You've won my heart, Bayonetta. ;D

rjejr

rjejr said:

Yeah, Iwata even made a joke about her having clothes now, so I thought that was pretty funny that he acknowledged the fact she won't be running around naked anymore. Though if this is a sequel (as opposed to a prequel) she does undergo some typical JRPG changes during the game so her deciding to wear clothes could just be part of her characters maturation. Along w/ the haircut.

I think this was the first video that made me happy Nintendo has a home console, up until then all the games looked playable on the 3DS.

techwiz97

techwiz97 said:

Very excited for this game. Nice hair Bayonetta, maybe you will win a game award with hair like that.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

I would love to see this come out in 2013... Looking like 2014, though. Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever.

seronja

seronja said:

thank god all this waiting to see the game finaly paid off, because i bought the wii u for it in the first place! i love her new style, because looks more wild just like she should! =D i will get it as a collectors edition if they release one! if not i will get the ordinary one. can't wait to play it too xD

Yasume

Yasume said:

Looks like they updated her behind as well. When Bayonetta gains weight, it only affects her booty.

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

Ahw, I liked her hair in the first game better... the first game that, by the way, I'm not going to be able to play anytime soon unless you port it to the eShop.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i kind of like the short hair :P then again thats my preference for women anyways lol

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Looks great to me, can't wait for it. Will be picking this one up hopefully alongside Super Smash Bros. and X next year.

MatthewRPG

MatthewRPG said:

This was the only bright spot in he direct. Other than that it was garbage....even this game fighting looks a little wonderful 101ish

opeter

opeter said:

Finally some awesome hack and slash type game.

Sony has God of War, Nintendo has hopefully Bayonetta
Nice. Very nice. :)

edcomics

edcomics said:

I don't like the new costume. Maybe that's the Nintendo influence. Gotta keep her covered up, right? shakes head

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@Chuckie-Doll The fact that it's better than the Sarah Pallin look.

She looks FA-BU-LOUS! I...really want to know who's that kid at the end, though...
This game will probably be even better than Bayonetta 1, considering Nintendo's helping Platinum on the development of this one :P

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

I know a girl who looks just like this. If there was any more excuse to buy it....

JMC

JMC said:

Loved the trailer!
This convinced me to buy a WiiU, but I need a release date to know when to do it...

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

@demonta4 Yes it does. So does X. All these games look fabulous. Many 3rd parties are bashing the Wii U for not being next-gen are just talking without looking properly.