Video: Asgard Looks Pretty Epic In Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Posted by Damien McFerran

Plastic blocks, assemble!

TT Games is currently hard at work on Lego Marvel Super Heroes, the latest in its wildly successful line of video games based on the popular Danish building block.

Our good friends over at Family Gamer TV have visited the TT Games studio for some hands-on time with the new title, the results of which you can view below.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes is due to launch later this year on Wii U, 3DS and DS — no Wii version is planned.

Is this a game you're keen to get your hands on? Post a comment to tell us your thoughts, and what you think of the footage that has been shown so far.

Related Games

malown

malown said:

Not that i wouldn't buy the game anyway, but i wonder if there will be an open world to explore with several smaller missions like in LCU (or the older spider-man games), cause that would be really huge!

AG_Awesome

AG_Awesome said:

My favorite game series is the lego games. I've bought em all since the beginning, INCLUDING all the handheld versions. I really wish they would do the vita one the same as the consoles though. And did I hear him right that its coming to ps4 and not 3?

rjejr

rjejr said:

Looking forward to this one. The video was a bit pixelated full screen but I can imagine how good it must look on tv.

Wolverine running around as a skeleton was a really nice Lego touch.

Not being on Wii is probably a good thing for WiiU sales. I just hope this looks like a PS3 game and not a Wii game on the WiiU.

He scared me w/ the talk of no multiplayer - it's why we aren't getting Lego City - but I'm glad he specified that's only for handhelds.

Here's some cut scene video. I am SO GLAD that they went with more normal voices and not the Super Hero Squad surfer dude accents. Ruined that show for me.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Wait when was this announced? Looks amazing!
Might be a strange thing to say but I think the fact that this isn't coming to the wii U may actually shift a few systems to younger gamers.
Also more games need to incorporate double screen co-op :)

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I know this is multiplatform but the Wii U is seriously gonna have a ton of awesome games to play this fall!! It's gonna be sensory overload!! My poor wallet!!

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

@AG_Awesome Do you mean the beginning as in the start of TT Games work on the franchise, or the actual beginning with LEGO Island in 1997?

Nico07

Nico07 said:

I'm almost as excited about this game as I am about the new 3D Mario and Mario Kart. This will be a day one Wii U purchase for me.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@Pierceton Yes, Chase McCain MUST be in Smash Bros. Perfect. It would be a nice way to draw people to the game that buy their Wii U with Smash Bros. love that idea.

Oto

Oto said:

@pierceton totally agree, chase in ssb would rock! Really hope it happens. Campaign anyone?

@rjer yeah, no multiplay n LCU is a little disappointing, but I still manage to play w/ my son, & it's very enjoyable. Best game on wii u for us for now.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Ah Lego, once again you will empty my wallet. Some times it's play sets, sometimes it's games. But you always get my $$. Except this time things will be different, I will see you at the store and say "no thank y"... yeah right, just take my $ again...

Varia01

Varia01 said:

I am currently unable to watch this video due to my kindle fire's lack of Flash Adobe Player. That picture below this article's title did look neat. According to the comments, this really seems like an awesome game. :)