The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Launches This November In North America

Posted by Andy Green

Still no date for Europe

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, the upcoming 3DS title set in the same world a A Link to the Past, has been listed for a November release in North America.

The date was announced during an analyst meeting at E3, where Satoru Iwata revealed the schedule of 3DS titles Nintendo has in store for 2013.

Europe is still down for "toward the end of this year" but it shouldn't be too far away from the same date as North America.

The name for the game was officially unveiled at E3 and it seems November will be the month we get our 3DS Zelda fix.

Will you be getting this in November, North America? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

aesupreme1

aesupreme1 said:

5 days before my b-day, can I wait to potentially get it as a present or do I have to get it day one?......I think it's day 1 without a doubt :)

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

This won't be released in October in Europe alongside the Windwaker- Nintendo wouldn't release 2 Zelda games in the same month.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I might pick this game up sometime if I find it for less than 30 euros.

I played through Link to the Past last year first time in ages and, even though I don't care for Zelda series, I actually found it better than I remembered, It's nothing special but I had a fun enough time.

wiz0_0

wiz0_0 said:

The 11 on that investor presentation image is for the calendar month (November) not the date. The game has no date as of right now.

Plus the 11th is a Monday, which would be odd for releasing a game.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Well that's troubling news for Europe. Given the delays of retail releases from NA to EU though I'm guessing we'll end up getting it at least a half month later.

timp29

timp29 said:

Still iffy on the name. Feels a bit clunky. But Nintendo knows my wallet is ready!

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Well I just hope its released before December if they want to get as much sales as possible.
@timp29 I someone who likes the name. Atleast with the name people will think it will have some connection to "A link to the past" and they would be right,

iphys

iphys said:

Nice, I wasn't expecting any earlier than December, but I guess they probably want it out for Black Friday.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

If this comes by then I'll be surprised. I thought it would get delayed for sure. I mean, a Nintendo game from a main series being announced and released WITHIN THE SAME YEAR??? Impossible! XD

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Why is it always said that we get our "_____ fix"? As if we were broken without that particular game.

nilcam

nilcam said:

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda so hell, yeah, I'm getting this day one.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Love that name, A Link between Worlds, just fantastic. Yes, I will be pre-ordering this as quick as I can :)

JMC

JMC said:

Even with some delays there still so many great titles to look foward to this year!

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

You would think gamestop had pre-orders for this yesterday (6/12/2013) but nope! Hopefully they will have them tomorrow.....

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

The visuals lack the charm of ALTTP and seem a little too bland and basic, i guess that's what happens when you opt for 60 frames per second on the 3DS. You get less graphical detail and how much you can have on screen. Still, I'd rather it be 60fps than 30!

Kat

Kat said:

Just as long as we get it before Christmas in Europe, I'll be happy.

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

@RestlessPoon right, but we have to just take it when NA gets games like Fire Emblem: Awakening over 2 months before Europe.

I'd hazard my guess that Europe will get the game around the same time anyway. NoE have been on the ball with release dates for Nintendo games recently and we've seen most games launching within just a few days of each other. Fire Emblem was the exception, probably because of the additional censorship requiring a couple more months of red tape.

ollietaro

ollietaro said:

It looks like Minish Cap Link is in this game. What's different about this game, though? So far it looks like an exact copy of A Link to the Past with new abilities. Anyways, Oracle of Ages/Seasons already downloaded for $5 apiece. Go and get yourself some!

Rapido

Rapido said:

Then how can I concentrate with pokemon if its only a month difference in release date with Zelda? T_T

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

As much as I LOVE Zelda games, I have not played through A Link To The Past yet and with lots of other Nintendo games coming out this season as well as the Xbox One I'm getting, I'll have to pass on this one for now.