Renegade Kid Divulges Mutant Mudds Deluxe Control Options

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Wii Remote and Nunchuk supported

Renegade Kid co-founder Jools Watsham took to Twitter today to reveal the array of control choices available for the upcoming Wii U platformer Mutant Mudds Deluxe.

In addition to the Gamepad and Wii Remote, Watsham said the game will also support the Wii U Pro Controller, the Wii Classic Controller and a Wii Remote with Nunchuk.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is scheduled for release in North America on 13th June. How will you be playing Mudds?

[via nintendoeverything.com, twitter.com]

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

I've been waiting to try a platformer with the pro controller. That controller is meant for greatness and I can't wait until everyone starts utilizing it.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Nah, got the one on 3DS and was a little disappointed so I'll pass on this one.

Tuurtledove

Tuurtledove said:

Hmmm,
I will admit this is one particular series I have yet to get into. Not because of any particular reason, merely because I haven't had a chance to do so yet. For those of you who have played it, What would you compare it to in terms of gameplay and quality?

bahooney

bahooney said:

@Tuurtledove Quality? Absolutely outstanding. Golden stars and A+'s across the board! Pixel-perfect art style, spot on controls, really groovy music. If you're a fan of platformers (which I can assume you are, you're on a Nintendo fansite!), this game couldn't be more up your alley.

It's hard for me to compare it to any other games, because it's rather slow-moving. There've been plenty of run-'n-gun platformers, but this one is very... slow. There's no running! The main character just kind of trots slowly through each level. But it isn't weird until you think about it, it feels quite natural.

tl;dr: it's a fantastic offering on the eShop, and a wonderful throwback to the SNES era. Two thumbs as far up as the eye can see.

Tuurtledove

Tuurtledove said:

@bahooney

Thank you so much for the swift reply. It's not often that you'll find people willingly giving such a great insight into a game purely because of one slightly naive question. So Thank you so much for taking the time to do so

Also, I will admit you've certainly have spiked my interest now. And I'll be sure to look into this game further over the course of the next few weeks before its release. Since what you've managed to describe as far certainly does sound pretty neat, and I'm all for a new platformer that manages to reinvent the genre

bahooney

bahooney said:

@Tuurtledove You're welcome! Hey, if you didn't ask, I wouldn't have reflected on my time with the game and realized that it's actually a bit more slow than other ventures in the genre. But this totally works in it's favor, and allows your brain to pick apart scenarios that require the perfect jump length or to pick up on an enemy's movement pattern.

If you have a 3DS, I strongly encourage you to check out the demo. The 3D is incredible... if you've ever had the pleasure of playing Virtual Boy Wario Land, it's almost exactly like that. You get to jump back and forth between these different planes of depth, and it's super cool. Wow, I'm really hyped to play this on the big screen in hi def now!