Reggie Reveals Wii U Best Buy Games List

Posted by Orla Madden

Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World both playable

It wouldn't be E3 if it wasn't for the rumours, speculation and supposed leaks prior to the event. We already knew that Nintendo would be distributing demo units across North America to select Best Buy stores, allowing consumers to try four major upcoming Wii U titles.

Last weekend, we reported that a supposed list of the four games had made its way online, including New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. This list couldn't have been more far off - well, except for Wind Waker HD.

Yes, that's right, the upcoming GameCube remake will be available to try out across 100 select Best Buy stores, along with the newly announced Wii U titles - Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Reggie Fils-Aime's full announcement is below.

3DGamerDude

3DGamerDude said:

When will the demos be playable? Unfortunately, the nearest Best Buy is like two hours away from me.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

So pumped! Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Sang

2Sang said:

Dang i was hoping for a luigi grab bag or at least smash bros.

KongFu

KongFu said:

Great. Hopefully Nintendo will host similar opportunities to try out the games in Europe as well.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

There's a Best Buy only an hour away from me with these, so I'm going to play them all tomorrow. Yay!

I'll be wearing my really cool Donkey Kong T-shirt.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Not worth going to Best Buy for those. I wish the rumored list was correct...

EDIT: Oh wait, Zelda? Might be worth going to Best Buy for that and the 3D Mario...

Katzii

Katzii said:

All those who are complaining, I'm more than happy if you send the demo Wii U over here to the UK. I'd love to try ALL of the games on offer.

Sondheimist

Sondheimist said:

Hmm... There's only one Best Buy in my state that will have this, and it happens to be the one about 3 miles from my office. I think I might have to drop in.

Morph

Morph said:

Why couldnt they have made these available on the eshop for a limited time

rjejr

rjejr said:

Well so much for 100% correct on the 75% incorrect rumour.

Better list though. Should have added into into the ND.

Actually these should just be in all stores all the time. They're demos. And Nintendo still needs to sell WiiUs.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

How about sending Wii U owners these demos via eshop because we've patiently waited for months without any games.?

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Wow, that list of demos is much better than that supposed list that "leaked" online a few days ago. I even read on another site that the list had been "confirmed" by "inside sources." Ha.

@Nintenjoe64 Exactly. What is the point of making things inconvenient for their most loyal fanbase when they don't have to? If they don't put these demos up very soon on the eShop, I will be voicing my complaints to them in every way possible. I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: It would be stupid for them to NOT put these demos on the eShop.

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

I got sadfaced, previously my state North Carolina was on the list but now that I checked today it is no longer on there so I won't be able to experience these demos D:

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

MARIO KART 8! MARIO KART 8! MARIO KART 8! BEST BUY HERE I COME!!!

Wait...there's no Hawaii on the list...aww....

Will someone please record the gameplay footage and put it on YouTube?

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

Thank goodness Best Buy is headquartered in my city... We have more than we need