Platinum: Wii U GamePad Allows Us To Take Bayonetta 2 To New Territory

Posted by Damien McFerran

Atsushi Inaba spills the beans in a new developer interview video

In a developer interview released today, Platinum Games' Atsushi Inaba has spoken about Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, and how the console's unique controller has enabled the studio to reach new levels of gameplay:

I know you're thinking, how can you possibly play an action game with a stylus? Trust me, you'll be surprised. I think gameplay with the Wii U GamePad has helped us take Bayonetta — and even action games in general — to a new territory. One that I'm excited about.

Inaba also offered some details on the game's core mechanics, as well as Umbran Climax - Bayonetta's new skill which allows her to unleash pent-up magical power in a super attack, thereby offering a "release" from the "pressure of the game".

You can watch the full developer interview below.

[via youtube.com]

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

Great! I look forward to there being new gameplay on this lovely Wii U exclusive! Saw the trailer and the game looks awesome! Hyped up most for this game after Super Smash Bros. :D

By the way, First!

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Love the gameplay footage. Like I have said, Bayonetta is one of my favorite games ever, so I am super stoked for this one.

I wish we had a release date, though.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

Kamiya probably played a bunch of Kid Icarus and took it as a challenge to outdo Sakurai.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Because it has age appropriate content, unless you have an account and are signed into youtube and are 18 or over, you ain't gonna see it.

Like me. 34, but can't be bothered to get a youtube account to see an advert. Will just buy the game blindly instead.

Ryno

Ryno said:

That commentary in the video sounds like something i would say at 19.

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

Please Give Platinum Games the chance to make Star Fox or Kid Icarus !!!!!!!!! I think they would do Awesome with either of those great Classic Nintendo Games. I want A New Kid Icarus on Wii U : )

Nintendo4Lyfe

Nintendo4Lyfe said:

PlatinumGames have ultimately pushed the megaton envelope. Bayonetta 2 (new looks and all) is gonna be one of the best Wii U titles of 2014!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i rly hate how she looks now for some reason =| i liked how she looked when they first showed that behind the scenes trailer and what not with her long hair :(

but besides that the game looks interesting that guy in the white with the sword looked like a character from Naruto though :P

DrSlump

DrSlump said:

Does the hairs cut was done due to a lack of power in wii u cpu? The first bayoneta title had a lot of hairs to calculate in the scene that means a lot of rag-doll style calculations.
In the demo shown at e3 i've noticed that hairs does not move at all..

dumedum

dumedum said:

This title makes all Wii U haters shut up basically. It's a "hardcore" exclusive.

Volmun

Volmun said:

"I know you're thinking, how can you possibly play an action game with a stylus?" um.. Metroid Prime Hunter's? Zelda Phantom Hourglass? lol id never think that lol althow i hate the was in zelda you use it to walk.... -_- Eniway Bayonetta2 looks amasing as dose Monolithsoft's "X" cant wate for them

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Think Bayonetta looked better with long hair, not that her new look is bad. Game looks great so far.