Pac-Man Museum Announced For Wii U And 3DS eShops

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Downloadable title coming this Winter

Those who can’t get enough power pellets in their gaming diets may want to keep an eye toward the end of the year.

Namco Bandai Games Europe has announced that Pac-Man Museum, a collection of the iconic yellow puck’s games from the original 1980s classic to more recent titles including Pac-Man Championship Edition and Pac-Man Battle Royale. The latter allows up to four Pac-Individuals in competitive play, mastering mazes while dodging ghosts and each other.

Pac-Man Museum has been slated for the Wii U and 3DS eShops in Europe and Australasia, with versions for Xbox Live Arcade, PSN and Steam also being made. There is currently no word on a North American release.

A new Pac-Man title known as Pac-Man And The Ghostly Adventures is coming to Wii U and 3DS later this year.

Is this museum something you'd be interested in? Sound off in the comment section below.

[via uk.namcobandaigames.eu]

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

That sounds perfect! I need Pacman on the go and I've always wanted to try Championship Edition!
@Dr_42o It's a continent formerly known as Oceania.

meppi

meppi said:

Pac-Man Battle Royale? Wow. I never thought we'd see a home port. This game is so much fun! :D

gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman said:

I've travelled to sea-side arcades to play Battle Royale, so it'll be nice to get a home version for Wii U. Perfect match.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

I will forever buy EVERY Pac-Man game available on any system I happen to own until the day I die, I like him that much! (goes back to my childhood and Atari's Pac-Man game haha) So not only do I own the recent Pac-Man 3DS cart, but I'll also download this ;)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Needs more Pac-Man Versus. I'll DEFINITELY buy it if they make sure to include that one on Wii U. :D

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I wish they would do a new version of Pac Man vs. for the Wii U. It would be the perfect party game with the Wii U pad

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I've been hoping for something like this since before the Wii U even launched. My wish is granted. My body is ready.

Rafie

Rafie said:

Quick question guys/gals. Will this game have that recent arcade gameplay of Pac-Man where everyone is battling? That game is fun as hell!

Steveovig

Steveovig said:

CE DX better be on this. It'd be nice if it literally had every Pac-Man game ever made on it/available but I'm not holding my breath. Namco never seems to utilize their entire library. I'm sick of playing the OG Pac-Man. Also, I hope these have leaderboards. I'd get Pac-Mania for that.

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

Another vote for Pac-Man VS. over here! They could recycle assets from Championship Edition to make it if they can't just use the GameCube original.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Pac-man Championship Edition was awesome on the 3DS. I hope they have the DX version on here instead.

Gioku

Gioku said:

This had better have Pac-Man Arrangement or it's a no-go for me... I already have Pac-Man and Pac-Man Championship edition on 3DS. Battle Royale isn't enough for me to want another Pac-Man game.

Tertis

Tertis said:

What, no North American release?
Oh, come on. I would've been all over this, provided I had leftover cash when Earthbound comes out.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Looking forward to this.
Pacman [arcade] and Pacman Championship Edition from Pacman/Galaga Dimensions (3DS) are awesome.

Bazly

Bazly said:

I've played Pac-Man Battle Royale at Dave and Busters and it's THE BEST GAME. I have been HOPING they would do EXACTLY this. Will begetting this one DAY FREAKIN' ONE! :D

bofis

bofis said:

As long as it includes PacMan CE, I'm in, that's the best version so far!

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

I love the yellow portly Pac, but I wish death upon region exclusives and digital-only releases

DaveGX

DaveGX said:

:-O OMFG YES AND MORE YES!!!!! Dave & Buster's has Battle Royale and finally, not just WIi U and 3DS, current gen (XBox 360 and PS3) consoles as well!! This HAS to come out in the states!

Shambo

Shambo said:

Great! Does anyone know if there's a chance Wii U version could include Pac Man VS? I mean, the gamepad just SCREAMS Pac Man VS. It did from the day of announcement, to me at least.