Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty! Coming To Wii U eShop

Posted by Andy Green

Hello... follow me...

During its E3 presentation, Sony announced Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty! would be coming to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo revealed today it will also be coming to the Wii U eShop.

It's a remake of the original title that landed on PlayStation in 1997 and is being developed by both Oddworld Inhabitants and Just Add Water. It reimagines the original levels and puzzles with some small modifications. For example, one of the main changes is a removal of the game's scrolling system.

It's scheduled for the Fall of 2013 for PlayStation 4, Xbox Live Arcade, PC, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Oddworld Inhabitants has announced the Wii U version is down for a 2014 release. There's been no announcement for a 3DS version.

Nintendo covered a range of Wii U eShop titles that are coming to the system in the next few months, including Cloudberry Kingdom, Mutant Mudds Deluxe and DuckTales: Remastered. The trailer for all of them, including Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty!, can be found below.

Did you play the original? Will you be downloading Abe? Let us know by leaving a comment.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I never owned a Playstation, but remember this being one of the games I was quite 'jealous' of after playing it at a friend's house.

Demmi-Alpha

Demmi-Alpha said:

I remember playing this game when I was really, really young. I loved it so much and I'm so glad they're doing this.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I only had the sequel of this game on my Xbox which I really enjoyed but couldn't complete due to difficulty at the time. This will look good on the gamepad.

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

3 Amazing Games coming to the Nintendo E-Shop ... Odd World ... Dungeons & Dragons : Chronicles of Mystara and of Course Shovel Knight !!! Can't wait to play these amazing Games!!!!!

Williaint

Williaint said:

I really love the characters in Oddworld, and was extremely happy to see this for Nintendo!

hydeks

hydeks said:

yay, I seen that during the sony conference and was actually shocked to see that in the nintendo direct. can't wait to play it for the first time.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I LOVED the original (never much liked the sequel, felt they should've just left Abe and gone on to the other inhabitants like the promised and then cacked up with the other Oddworld games) and I cannot wait for this and I will Definitely be buying this!

Sausimo

Sausimo said:

The original Oddworld was such a remarkable game, and helped keep the classic PoP / Flashback gameplay alive. Mind controlling was my favorite part by far.

TreonsRealm

TreonsRealm said:

Hot Damn!, they just revealed that Wii U is getting both this and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD in 2014. Stranger's Wrath is one of the only reasons I own the original Xbox, such an amazing game!

Unit_DTH

Unit_DTH said:

Hell to the Yeah! This game was incredible back in the day and Stranger's Wrath was one of the best in the Oddworld Inhabitants series! I cannot wait for these titles! I loved Abe's Oddysee on the PC and the PS1, can't wait to relive them on the Wii U, in full HD Glory! MAybe if these succeed, it will encourage them to finish "The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Clot"? Here's Hoping!

Unit_DTH

Unit_DTH said:

This and X are the "go-to" titles of this tarnished Nintendo Direct presentation!

Balaclavab

Balaclavab said:

Abe's Oddysee was the second of third game I ever played (after Little Big Adventure 2 and either after or before Sonic the hedgehog 2)
And I love it.
I already own it on a CD and on Steam, but i'm kind of tempted to buy it again :)

Garo

Garo said:

DKCTF nonwithstanding, this was the best news to come out of the Nintendo Direct.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I remember playing Oddworld at my friend's house years ago during the heyday of the PS so I'm excited to see it come to the eShop.

Ducutzu

Ducutzu said:

I played the original on the PC and it was very memorable. Looking forward to play this on the Wii U. It should play wonderfully with the GamePad!

Volmun

Volmun said:

i was shoked to see this is coming to WiiU as im sure a Sony thing sed it was PS Exclusiv. OH WELL lol il probbly get this on my WiiU if i get my external hard drive.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@oddworldinc
Why did I think you guys had gone under? I am so happy to not only see that you are back, but that you are releasing content on Nintendo Platforms! :)

madpizzaguy

madpizzaguy said:

So cannot wait to play this on my wii-u! this game can't come out quick enough! just the kind of title Nintendo needs also.