Nintendo Launches E3 Miiverse Communities

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Use your happy face

With Nintendo opting to go its own way with its E3 messaging this year, moving away from a live conference in favour of a special Nintendo Direct broadcast and other promised snippets of footage and news, it's naturally taken to its bespoke social network on Wii U to spread the word further.

Announcements have appeared (from good old Marty in the EU's case) to confirm two new Miiverse communities for the fun and games in LA next week. First up is Nintendo@E3 2013 Community, top of the list under Specials in the Communities area, which is a gathering place for gamers to post about all things E3; it's already accumulated over 7000 members. Second up, if you select "Other communities" next to that one you'll find the Backstage equivalent, limited to official posts from Nintendo with news and updates from the show; the posts will be in English only.

So, this is an extra platform for Wii U owners to gather and enjoy the pre-E3 hype before it all kicks off on 11th June. Don't forget that you can use your Nintendo Network ID to post on the browser-based Miiverse — miiverse.nintendo.net — so you won't need to be on your Wii U to join in.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I've already posted a few drawings in it, and it's really going to come in handy when those big three days roll around. I suppose I'll be glued to the internet a little more than usual!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@X-Factor I'm really hoping at the Nintendo E3 Direct on Tuesday the 3DS gets Miiverse. I love Swapnote and all, but having both on the system would be awesome.

The-Chosen-one

The-Chosen-one said:

i hope when the E3 starts, we at home can play the same demos on our wiiU :p
that would be sooo awesome everyone will be running for a wiiU console lol

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Still want to know when miiverse is coming to the 3ds. :)

Hopefully they announce the miiverse coming to the 3ds at E3. ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

bahooney

bahooney said:

What with E3 and Animal Crossing in the same week, I just want to die. The anticipation isn't even fair.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm so pumped for Nintendo e3 Direct! I really am trying to not get over hyped for it, but I just can't help myself! Too much awesome! :D

Edit: & thanks for the heads up about the Miiverse website! I always forget its there haha will be handy come e3 time :D

McGruber

McGruber said:

Well too bad I sold my Wii U (I'll buy it again when the price drops and the games come), and my 2 year old 3DS doesn't have Miiverse!

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Oh really? Darn it all; I won't be able to re-setup my Wii U for a while.

Rod64

Rod64 said:

Never buy a console a few days prior E3!
But my Wii U is coming... is indeed coming. :P