Limited Edition Pokémon X & Y 3DS LL To Release In Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

Set to feature the legendary Xerneas and Yveltal

June has been a fantastic month for Pokémon fans; a brand new Fairy type has been revealed, a developer roundtable brought us fresh details on trainer battles, new creatures have been announced, and the franchise will be getting its own event titled the Pokémon Game Show in Japan this August.

However, it doesn't end there, as during a special preview airing of the new Pokémon movie in Japan today, a new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon X & Y games on the 3DS revealed that there will be a Limited Edition 3DS LL released in Japan to celebrate the launch of the titles.

Serebii reports that legendary monsters Xerneas and Yveltal will feature on the top case and the colours will be red and blue. Details are scarce at the moment, and there's no word as to whether the special edition consoles will remain as Japanese-only releases.

We're hoping for a glimpse of the handheld soon. In the meantime, what are your thoughts on this? Are you hoping for European and North American versions of these 3DS LL / XL models? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via serebii.net]

gaby_gabito

gaby_gabito said:

I was waiting for one of these to be announced for North America, but I couldn't wait any longer. I went ahead and got an XL so that I could play Animal Crossing. Too many people were talking about it all the time, so I had to get it and play it myself!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Maybe this will be the XL to make me upgrade? I still need to see it, and I hope it has the game preinstalled as well.

Oh yes, and I hope this makes it out of Japan too!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Aw man. I was gonna get my girlfriend a 3DS but looks like I'll have to hold out for this now.. eeh. Hope it's not too expensive.
Oh wait! It's an XL? ..ehh. Nah I'll just get a regular one. This is awesome though.

Inev

Inev said:

If the Xerneas XL is a cobalt/indigo kind of blue, I might be interested in upgrading. Still would like a purple XL, though.

Side note, I think Xerneas will be Fairy/Grass, and Yveltal will be Fairy/Dragon or Dark/Dragon.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

might be interested if it comes out over here but only if the game is physical :P

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

I knew this was coming, it just has to come this way as well! First a 3ds, then a 3ds xl, and now looks like I'll be upgrading again to a special one.

If it forcefully comes with a copy of a downloadable version of one it's a tough choice. I would consider the Y 3DS + downloadable Y so I could instead get a physical copy of X(the one I'm after more) but I'd want the X 3DS XL along with the game copy...

The game better be physical, like @DarkLloyd mentioned, haha.

Beta

Beta said:

I think this might just give me enough reason to upgrade to a 3DS XL <3
@Raylax Two XY XL, Eevee XL, Pikachu XL and Charizard XL. So, so far, they're five.
@DarkLloyd Well, if both of Xerneas and Yveltal are printed on it, I doubt there would be any game inside the bundle.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@Beta Something just seems off about it if you ask me, as early info usually is to some degree.

I'm seeing just one mascot on either of two systems and this seems like a pretty obvious choice to bundle the XL and game if that is the case. A 3rd pokemon is supposed to be featured as well it says in the report and has yet to be confirmed(?) so who knows...we'll just have to wait and see.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Think we all knew this was coming, i was actually holding off my 3DS to XL update for this but the Fire Emblem one was so nice i got that one instead. .

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

Aw c'mon! I love my 3ds xl and all but every month it seems like a limited edition or epic looking one(fe:a) comes out

Clavis

Clavis said:

I was tempted... but chances are that the corresponding version will be pre-installed. Physical versions are must-haves for me...

rjejr

rjejr said:

If this comes to the US maybe my oldest son will buy 1and give me his old 3DS. :-)

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

If it's another exclusive limited edition 3DS then I'll most likely keep it boxed and put it with my Pokemon collection.

FleetwoodMackin

FleetwoodMackin said:

If this comes to the states i'd be very tempted to upgrade... Is there a Zelda 3DS XL planned for the LBTW release? And i still don't know if i should upgrade my 3DS or get a Wii U... money is tight. Would love the latter, but the 3DS's screen is small... and the gaming library is epic..

AVahne

AVahne said:

I have a Zelda original 3DS, so it's hard for me to consider upgrading. But dang, that Goa Magara XL looks delicious!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

I would be surprised if they didn't release the XL bundle here in North America since for every other major Pokemon release since Pokemon Yellow or the DS games they have released a handheld bundle with the game included. Chances are they are going to have it pre-installed and I don't see what the problem with that is. Pokemon is the kind of game you'd want with you all the time. At least I know I do.

PSI_King

PSI_King said:

@randomusername [Sarcasm] >:[ NO! NO! NO NO! NO! >:[ [/Sarcasm]
Srsly though,I've already got a Blue XL with MK7 Pre-Installed,So even if this came out in NA (Even though it's awesome),I still wouldn't get it... :/

stefenjc

stefenjc said:

Eh, if its just an X or a Y not interested. Ill stick with my Pikachu Edition 3DS XL. If it really hit the spot were it amazes me. Im sold.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Dang. As excited I am for this xl, I rather the physical copy of the game & system separate...hmm....this is a little annoying. :/

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Why are people complaining if it is installed? If Y is in there, then get a physical copy of X and you have both. Dont think the price will be a lot different if it comes without a game

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

I'm happy with my Pikachu 3DS XL so I won't be upgrading but I do plan to download Y to my 3DS when it releases :c

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I kinda' wish I had a pikachu 3ds xl. but I am happy with my red one. :>
I am also very excited about X and Y versions!